My Feng Shui journey..the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

redlion

Post by redlion » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Soooooo...based on Astroace's correct calculations I have done some research on my own. Which unfortunately has led to me even more confusion. It seems I had to come to the conclusion that is not JUST the house I need to be concerned with.....but myself and the house combined. Having barely gotten a grasp on the Flying stars of the house to add the "me" factor in is proving to be very, very difficult. The House and I are compatible...this much I have figured out. Adding my research that I would not have been led here under such bizarre circumstance to fail.

I know there are some things I need to do to maximize my benefit from living here. My goal is to figure out for 2009's flying stars, this house, and myself what would be the best areas to enhance/cure/ or simply stay away from? Hmmmm......from what I have been able to figure out by combining myself with the house how to enhance which areas with what....and which areas need curing..and with what? Seems to me that the most used cure is METAL? How many metal things can a person have in their home before it starts feeling cold and uninviting?

One thing I am curious about...my house is a perfect rectangle 64x24. From the Southeast/South corner all the way around the front of the house (South) around the South/Southwest corner and the all the way to the Northwest is basically windows. Very little wall space...oh..and the front door which is on the Southwest  side. Now all of these windows have Vertical blinds on them and no matter how you open them they face arrow like in my direction. Are these considered poison arrows? I am curious because I keep them open all the time.

Anyway, I did move my bed over to the solid wall which means my head is facing south. Seems to be helping quite a bit for my physical and mental health. If you remember I had it originally against the north wall which was directly under a window...Although now it is actually next to the door rather than across from it, but when I sleep, I close it so it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I am truly looking forward to Astorace's next advice!

Blessings to all!

Redlion

redlion

Re: Feng Shui Audit

Post by redlion » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:22 pm

astroace wrote:Hi Redlion,

Happy New Year to You and Your Family and also to All You Readers out there.

Based on your Date of Birth as 31 July 1961, 04:18pm, your Bazi Chart should be

Hour                Day        Month Year
H-1 Jia    H-2 Yi H-2 Yi  H-8 Xin
Yang Wood Yin Wood Yin Wood Yin Metal

E9 Shen          E2 Chou   E-8 Wei    E-2 Chou
Yang Metal Yin Earth   Yin Earth     Yin Earth
Monkey  Ox      Sheep            Ox

not as you had posted earlier which turned out to be 19 June 1961, 04:18pm. We should always use the HSIA Calendar for Bazi and Lunar Calendar for Zi Wei Dou Shu.
This error made you a Yin Water Person whereas you are actually a Yin Wood Person.

As you are born in the Earth Month of Summer Season, Your Resource Element Water is lacking and extremely weak. Your Opposing Elements are stronger than your support group thus making you a very weak element person. For normal category, we will use your Resource Element (Water) and Self Element (Wood) to make you strong. Looking at your charts Earth which is your opposing element is the strongest element that you cannot overcome. Because of this you fall under the special category of Follow the Leader, meaning that the Bully will be your protector.

Your Favorable Elements are Earth, Fire, Wood and your Unfavorable Elements are Water and Metal.
Converting this to your Aspirations;

Water being your Resource and support is weaker than yourself and is Unfavorable. This means that you do not have much support from the people around you. You need to do things yourself. This actually make you a very Independent person.

Wood being your Self and your competitors and is Mixed. This means that you have many competitors around you. You need to be careful with your colleagues or in your business dealings. People take advantage of your weaknesses.

Fire being your Output, expressions, creativity, your children is weaker than yourself and is Favorable. This means that you are a quiet person or you don't really express yourself openly. You need more effort to get your message across. Your relationship with your children is alright but there is always a weak link. Try to create a good relationship with them by letting them know your love and sacrifice for them.

Earth being your Wealth and success rate is the strongest and is the most favorable. This means that you are able to save but unfortunately you cannot control your expenses. Try to put aside what is not of priority. When your good luck cycle comes, you'll understand what I mean. Earth is also your obstacles because too much earth will make you procrastinate.

Metal being your Power, determination, your spouse star is stronger than yourself and is Unfavorable. This means that you sometimes unable to control your temper and mood. Your relationship with your spouse is not that cordial. You need to express yourself so that people can understand you better.

As we are doing Feng Shui Audit, I will not go deeper to Fortune Telling. this we can do in the other tread later.
Since we have your Favorable & Unfavorable Element, we can now find out the rest of the important biodata for Feng Shui audit.

Your Personal Kua is #3 Chen and your Favourable Directions are SC = South, TY = North, YN = South East, FW = East,
Unfavorable Directions are HH = South West, WK = North West, Liu Sha = North East and CM = West.
Sheng Chi (Success / Promotions) = Weak;
Tien Yi (Heaven Doctor / Noblemen) = Weak;
Yan Nien (Relationship / Harmony) = Weak;
Fu Wei (Personal Development / Skill) = Strong;
Ho Hai (Minor Problems  / Setbacks) = Strong;
Wu Kwei (Petty People / Betrayal) = Weak;
Liu Sha (Obstacles / Laziness) = Weak;
Chueh Ming (Health Problems / Stress) = Strong

Your Personal San Sha Directions are
Sitting: NE-3  E-2   SE-1
Facing: SW-3 W-2 NW-1
You should not have your house facing those directions as it will cause you to be exposed to the energies that will be imbalanced to yourself.

Your Personal NaYin Element is "Earth on the Wall" and your Favorable Directions are N-2 and SW-3. NaYin directions are used for Health issues. I will explain later as we go along.

Your Personal Xuan Kong Da Gua Hexagram is Element 1 / Period 3 and your best direction is SW-2 228 degrees. This will harmonize your self with your home and with the Auspicious Days we wish to activate your Feng Shui

Your Favorable Bazi Direction is E-1. As you have the Heaven and Lunar Virtue Stars in your Main Bazi Chart. This is the direction of the Good Blessing Stars.

Before we proceed to the next step, I would like to share the 24 Mountains Template with all of you. Maybe someone can help to to explain how I can attach this file in my next posting. We will use this Template to super impose your floor plan to get the respective sectors.

Till then,
Thank you for your time and with Best Wishes Always,
astroace
Greetings Astroace!

I missed reading your question on how to attach your file regarding the 24 mountains....Can you not just upload in your post? Down below the box in which you type your replies there is a browse button to search for the file on your computer, then click on it and then just hit the "add attachment" button.....

Sorry for the late reply...just missed reading those few words...lol

Blessings to you!

Redlion

astroace

24 Mountain Template

Post by astroace » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Redlion,

I've tried uploading the 24M Template as an attachment but could not do so as this Forum seem to be congested. We need the technical support team to look into this matter. Hope they can come out with a solution soon.

Meantime I'll try again and hope I can get through because I hope to share this Template with everyone who are interested to do Feng Shui the proper way.

Thank you for your patience,
astroace

redlion

Post by redlion » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Astroace!

I have to agree with you! Applying Feng Shui CORRECTLY is very, very important. I learned this the hard way and it pains me to see threads posted like "Feng Shui Remedies". It can do so much harm if you just try and take shortcuts. Which I learned to the detriment of my life while living in that other home. In fact, looking back now...I, with my limited knowledge, did the absolute WORST Feng Shui I possibly could to that house and made the bad starts react even worse. I had bad, bad stars in the most important rooms in the house....and to top it all off, had bathrooms located in the worst areas, which I figured out seem to be the placement of the only good stars in the home.

When things go so badly in our lives, this generation of people automatically goes in search of easy fixes. With the internet being so easy to access, you can easily get sucked in to the "Feng Shui will change your life, make you rich, bring you love and happiness". Which is NOT true unless, like everything else, you spend the time to research it in depth according to your own circumstances. Common sense should prevail and tell you that putting wealth enhancers in the far left corner of your home is not going to make you rich...lol

Don't get me wrong...I went there. But I had already been living in that house for about 7 years and the bad luck had taken quite a toll on me at that point. I would have done anything to get my life back on track. In essence, what I did was make it much, much worse which brought on even more bad luck. To the point of my moving out, losing my daughter to another family her senior year of high school and spending an additional 5, now almost six years recuperating. Actually, looking back now, it was probably the BEST thing that happened to me. Although I still suffer from the effects of losing a job that I loved, putting my daughter in jeopardy, losing basically everything and having nothing to show for it for 5 years.......I can finally come to terms with the fact that I am now in a good place to start over. Quite humbling.

You are very wise Astroace. I have read your other posts. You offer good advice to those who simply are wanting an easy fix to their problems.

Peace be with you!

Redlion

astroace

Feng Shui Audit

Post by astroace » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:12 am

Hi Redlion,

I understand and share the difficult situation you are going through at the moment, I have to study your Bazi and get back to you later
I've managed to download the 24 Mountain pie chart in this Feng Shui thread and I hope you have made a copy and printed one in transparency.

If you look closely, there are 8 Trigrams and sub divided to 24 Mountains. Unfortunately there are some differences in naming the sub division. This template used S-1, S, S-2 for the respective sectors whereas most western Feng Shui practice will use S-1, S-2, S-3. I'll rather use the later but because I cannot upload the commercial template for the general public to use without infringing some copyright stuff, I hope you can bare with me. I hope some kind soul can redesign this pie chart to use the S-1, S-2, S-3 convention and also change the names to English for others of non-Chinese educated people.

Let's start the basics from here.

Please plot this table for cross reference

Degree  Sector Reference       Zodiac Element
157.5 - 172.5 S-1        H-3 Bing -     Yang Fire
172.5 - 187.5 S-2        EB-7 Wu Horse Yang Fire
187.5 - 202.5 S-3        H-4 Ding -     Yin Fire
202.5 - 217.5 SW-1      EB-8 Wei       Sheep       Yin Earth
217.5 - 232.5 SW-2      T-2 Kun        Trigram-2      Yin Earth
232.5 - 247.5 SW-3      EB-9 Shen      Monkey      Yang Metal
247.5 - 262.5 W-1       H-7 Geng        -    Yang Metal
262.5 - 277.5 W-2       EB-10 You Rooster Yin Metal
277.5 - 292.5 W-3       H-8 Xin  -      Yin Metal
292.5 - 307.5 NW-1      EB-11 Xu       Dog Yang Earth
307.5 - 322.5 NW-2      T-6 Chien       Trigram-6       Yang Metal
322.5 - 337.5 NW-3      EB-12 Hai       Pig   Yin Water
337.5 - 352.5 N-1        H-9 Ren  -      Yang Water
352.5 - 007.5 N-2       EB-1 Zi   Rat      Yang Water
007.5 - 022.5 N-3       H-10 Gui          -      Yin Water
022.5 - 037.5 NE-1      EB-2 Chou       Ox  Yin Earth
037.5 - 052.5 NE-2      T-8 Ken            Trigram-8 Yang Earth
052.5 - 067.5 NE-3      EB-3 Yin         Tiger    Yang Wood
067.5 - 082.5 E-1       H-1 Jia    -        Yang Wood
082.5 - 097.5 E-2       EB-4 Mao         Rabbit   Yin Wood
097.5 - 112.5 E-3       H-2 Yi    -         Yin Wood
112.5 - 127.5 SE-1      EB-5 Chen       Dragon Yang Earth
127.5 - 142.5 SE-2      T-4 Sun Trigram-4 Yin Wood
142.5 - 157.5 SE-3      EB-6 Si  Snake   Yin Fire

We shall continue tomorrow on how to create the center point of the house, after which we will discuss on 8 Mansion, Flying Stars theory.

Do take care and have a nice day,
astroace

redlion

Post by redlion » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Good Morning Astroace!

After you mentioned the 24 mountains in your other post..I did go searching for them. I found a pie chart with the degrees/directions/triagrams/elements listed. I printed that and found a chart that should the Chinese name of the 24 mountains...and it was sort of translated in English as to their meanings.

Just to see if we are on the same page-I show SW2 217.5-232.5 as Kun, Earth, basically good for money and for career according to the 24 mountains. North 2 as "ZI",352.5-7.5, bad for money.

Very confusing though as I am not sure how each structure, Bazi, Flying Stars, and the 25 mountains.....where there strength is most potent onto a person. I meant what strength of the effect it has on a person.

I appreciate your patience with me. Again I would hate to fall into the trap of incorrectly doing something that would do more harm than good. I have become very intrested in the direct/indirect spirit also. Another interesting concept.

Thank you again for all your hard work and advice.

Blessings to you!

Redlion

redlion

Post by redlion » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:58 pm

Haven't heard from Astroace in a while, but I thought I would post these pics of the outside of my home. Someone very nice has offered to help me out privately, and to him I owe a great amount of appreciation. I did want to keep all of you updated on my progress...so let's start with these.

The series starts from looking out my front door..around to the facing side of the house, around the back to the sitting side then back around to the front door. The last one is the sitting side from the interior.
Attachments
New Image.JPG
Looking out front door. There is actually an 8 foot cement pathway that runs along side the house 8x64. Then the rocks and bushes.
New Image.JPG (158.47 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
New Image1.JPG
That is looking at the front door from across the street.
New Image1.JPG (153.79 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
New Image2.JPG
New Image2.JPG (134.82 KiB) Viewed 3772 times

redlion

Post by redlion » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:04 am

Lol..they went in reverse order...The bottom one is looking out my front door. Here is more continuing on...the right way!
Attachments
New Image5.JPG
New Image5.JPG (114.68 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
New Image4.JPG
New Image4.JPG (139.41 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
New Image3.JPG
New Image3.JPG (138.36 KiB) Viewed 3771 times

redlion

Post by redlion » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 am

Around the back...
Attachments
New Image8.JPG
New Image8.JPG (79.44 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
New Image7.JPG
New Image7.JPG (76.69 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
New Image6.JPG
New Image6.JPG (70.86 KiB) Viewed 3770 times

redlion

Post by redlion » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am

Here is the sitting from the outside..then around to the front door. Again..the last one is from the master bedroom looking out which is the sitting position.
Attachments
New Image11.JPG
New Image11.JPG (181.54 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
New Image10.JPG
New Image10.JPG (111.44 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
New Image9.JPG
New Image9.JPG (176.49 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

redlion

Post by redlion » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 am

Also a note!  A very important one! When I first moved into this place, it was a wreck outside. Everything was overgrown, the rocks had uneven coverage, dead leaves were everywhere, and it was DIRTY.  I spent the first few weeks cleaning, cutting, sweeping and using a leaf blower. Now....I had not thought to check into the flying stars until after I accomplished all of this. And needless to say, I felt horrible for weeks. Very weak, mind spinning with bad thoughts, and very uncomfortable. None of which I understood because this place is truly beautiful and huge for just one person! I should have been in heaven. BUT..and this is a biggie...I had inadvertently disturbed both the 5 star in the south..and whatever else is there, and seriously disturbed the NORTH, which for 2008 is a no no. I did do a lot of renovating and digging in both those sections, not to mention the noise. It has been 3 months since I have been here and only now feeling some comfort in my surroundings.  OOOOOOPPPPPPPPSSSS!

redlion

Post by redlion » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:39 am

So, I have been spending my time trying to figure out the 24 mountains and applying them to my floor plans along with the flying stars numbers. I think I am going in the right direction, but if anyone has any input I would appreciate their thoughts.

Good news is...I think my front door is actually located in a very good spot. The bad news is.....I simply cannot figure out how to infuse my personal numbers with those of the house. I may have it all wrong. Not sure how the 2 are suppose to work together.

Again, if anyone has any advice I would surely appreciate it!

redlion

kqueen

New to this

Post by kqueen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:55 am

Hi everyone! I'm new and very interested in all this Feng Shui issue.
Keep it updated with all the information.
All the Best

astroace

Post by astroace » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 am

Hello to All, especially to Redlion,

Wishing You and Your Family A Very Happy and Harmonious Chinese New Year and May All Your Wishes Come True.

I deeply apologize for the absence during this time as I'm rather busy during year end and before the Chinese New Year. I'll be back after the Lunar 15th

Enclosed please find the Xuan Kong Da Guan 24Mountain Template. It is useful for Main Door alignment which I will want to share with you all later.

Thank you for your patience.

Warmest Wishes Always
astroace
Attachments
XKDG Template.jpg
XKDG Template.jpg (91.56 KiB) Viewed 3690 times

redlion

Post by redlion » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello astroace!

Yes, I had a feeling that the timing for you was limited. Happy, Happy New Year! I too am preparing for the New Year, and am very excited. First of all, I simply cannot get a handle on applying the 24 mountain chart and my Bazi and the Flying stars. Making it even more confusing is of course the New Year annual stars and then the monthly stars. Because I am not sure of my base....it makes it even more difficult.

Quick update on my personal circumstances. If you will recall, I, like many Americans have been trying to find a job. It is an area in which I have struggled for 10 years. I am a weak wood person who's lucky elements are water and wood. Come to think of it....I haven't had a job that involves either of those areas. Now, I did respond to an ad last week involving an Assisted Living Care facility for the elderly. Which does come under the category of "wood"...also involves a passion of mine regarding the care of the elderly here in America.

Now I am not sure how the interview really went. I may have been overly enthusiastic.....if that is possible. But truly...I feel if it had not been for my diving into researching flying Stars, my Bazi, and the help that I have received from people like astroace...I would not be as proud of myself as I am right now. I rocked that interview with a clear head.

Also...my health has improved by leaps and bounds. I feel as if I am on the precipice of greatness! My mind is sharp and have been able to debate with others intelligently. Haven't had that happen for many years. Sleep comes to me naturally and feel refreshed every morning.

The only down side so far...is no matter what I read about my Chinese sign..or western astrological sign....it says I will "find love..a partner..and through him I will succeed". I know that balance is the complete and total goal. But just the thought of a partnership right now turns my stomach....lol  I mean..I want A,B and C to happen first..then delve
into the relationship drama. I am guessing that the more I fight that prospect the more I do myself a disservice. But I simply not ready to make that leap just yet....lol

Peace and Prosperity to all of you for a Great New Year!

redlion

Return to “Feng Shui”