Should My Back Be Facing A Wall In My Office?

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

GuardianFlash

Should My Back Be Facing A Wall In My Office?

Post by GuardianFlash » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 am

hen sitting at my computer should my back be against a wall?

redlion

Post by redlion » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:25 am

It should, but also you should be aware of the stars in the location. Also a very important position is to be facing the door. Many factors to think about when sitting in your office.

Also you have to incorporate your personal numbers if at all possible!

redlion

webkinhdich

Re: Should My Back Be Facing A Wall In My Office?

Post by webkinhdich » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 am

GuardianFlash wrote:hen sitting at my computer should my back be against a wall?
It should, but also choose good direction for you.
Tell your date of birth, and i'll tell you the right direction

GuardianFlash

Post by GuardianFlash » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:22 am

feb 23 1986

Lavender-oasis

Office direction

Post by Lavender-oasis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:18 am

I have two doors in my office which I share with boss. I have my back to one door and other door is next to me at front. It is not possible to change office position so is there anything else to do.

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Generally, it is indeed correct to have your back to a wall when you are working.  BUT, you need to first analyze what kind of work are you doing AND what is behind that wall behind you.  

As you mentioned that behind you is a door and in front of you is another door I opine that you are finding it difficult to finish and/or concentrate on your tasks.  This is because you are in a position that will "absorb" chi coming from both directions.  

The key to effectively handle such a circumstance is to realize that feng shui is just a part of the solution.  Note that feng shui tells you what would be the result after doing an action.  Hence, martial arts or offensive action and medicine or healing are the other 2 parts.  How do you apply this to yourself to solve this problem?  Take note of the energy healing subjects shared in this forum.  That's what I apply and teach to those I assist in their problems given their limited options and resources.  Cleanse yourself often - especially if your work involves a lot of stress and handling of other people's sickness and/or problems such as being a medical worker, lawyer, policeman, etc. - and find time to renew your energies - which is why you need to do something worthwhile during your day off.

You can also use plants, crystals and other remedies but those need to be something you are attuned to.  Meaning, if you don't like gems then don't use that as a means to aid you in solving your situation.  It has to be something that you like and could understand.

tt1

Post by tt1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 am

Hi
In the book I have it recommends having your back to a wall and not have your back to the door - but it says if your desk is against wall with back to door a mirror can be placed above desk so you can see if anyone enters

Return to “Feng Shui”