Question About My Bedroom

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32

Question About My Bedroom

Post by LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Should My Bed Be Facing West?

landofshadows

Post by landofshadows » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:41 pm

LADYSILVERMOONGODDESS32,

I know nothing about Feng Shui, yet I do know of the importantance of watching the Sun rise and Set, If the bed is placed in the West but your eyes and head faced East, I would say that could be more spiritually pleasing.

LoS
Every varient of truth contains an Axiom. - "No label can make your decisions" (Spiritalk).

alee

Post by alee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 pm

from the view point of feng shui, the yearly flying star 2 resides at the west sector, sleeping with head pointing west you will probably be sick.

best direction is SE,

NW, SW is ok
whispers of the heart

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Where does it 'feel' right to you to place the bed?

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:38 pm

My bed is w/e - head at the west and I sleep fine, tried the bed the other way round and felt fine as well, but one house the only way to sleep way n/s and that was hell.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:42 am

A lot of factors need to be determined before one can say such a direction is good for you.  You need to evaluate the elements not only about your birth but also your karma and that of your immediate surroundings.  

For short cut method, alee is correct that you should pay attention to where the bad stars are for a certain period and avoid or remedy it.

tt1

Post by tt1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 pm

alee, I just got given a beginners book on feng shui, and while i am still confused with all the things to be taken into consideration - I too from reading the book and working out my personal number was an 8 came to the conclusion my bed should be facing west, and was just about to change my room around to see what difference it made. But you say it will make you feel sick?? What do you mean by the "yearly flying star 2" as this isn't in my basic book?

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 am

I believe it's regarding Flying Star Feng Shui - the Annual Star 2 was in the West in 2009. It's now moved, and Annual Star 1 is in the West (2 is now in the NE).

In Flying Star Feng Shui, there are auspicious and inauspicious Stars - they can also be timely and untimely.

http://books.google.com/books?id=MH83hu ... &q&f=false gives general ideas on the Stars, and further on (p. 175) tells the Timely and Untimely Stars - just be away that this book was written prior to 2002, so the Timely and Untimely Stars have all moved ahead one:

Timely: 8, 9, 1
Untimely: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Both: 7

So according to the book, Star 2 would be Untimely "Sickness & Miscarriage" and Star 1 would be "Wisdom, Fame & Fortune".

But then you'd need to check your Flying Stars chart of your house, and see what Time, Mountain and Water Stars are there...

Return to “Feng Shui”