Top 10 Feng Shui tips for beginners...

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AriesJupiter

Top 10 Feng Shui tips for beginners...

Post by AriesJupiter » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:23 pm

I am wondering, from any or all Feng Shui systems, if there are some basic, all-around tips anybody would like to share. Any "simple" quick-fix's or little things you notice that people commonly do wrong or could easily fix?

Maybe list your top 10, or so... Whatever comes to mind as the most important or commonly "wrongly done" things... or easy, quick-fix adjustments you notice people commonly could use advice for.

(I am referring to everyday, common people who know NOTHING about Feng Shui... Suggestions [for the rest of us?]?)

Thanks!!!  :smt006

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:21 am

If you are looking to attract love into your life, always have things in 'pairs' in the bedroom...pair of lamps, pair of side tables, pair of red candles, pair of love birds.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Great advice! Thanks!!  :smt002

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 am

That's a hard question... there is the general 8 House System or East-West System, which can tell you good directions for you. Chapter 10 of 'The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui' can help with finding your good directions in which to study, sleep, sit, etc.

http://books.google.com/books?id=MH83hu ... &q&f=false

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 am

Cool, thanks!  :)

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 am

Let me know if you need help with that, but just remember to make sure you check your birthday in line with the Chinese New Year, not the western New Year! So if you were born in January 1981, you'd count yourself as being born in 1980.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Ooh, thanks for that information! I would have done it wrong, otherwise!

Thanks! :smt002

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 pm

No problem... and good luck! ^_^

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:32 am

1. Have a place for everything you own.

2. Have everything you own in it's place.

3. Have a clean home.

4. If it feels wrong, it is wrong.

5. If it feels right, it is right.
☼

kunoichi

Post by kunoichi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:09 am

Those are some good tips, Charlesman!

I guess one other would be along the lines of:

6. If you're not sure, try it somewhere else and see how it feels. Go to step 4.

Kimmee

Post by Kimmee » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm

I have a (dumb) question.

If you aren't into the whole "everything faces the correct direction" thing, does feng shui still work?

If so, what is a good guide to doing feng shui without doing the directional facing?

I don't believe in facing things in specific directions because when I did it before it felt wrong to me.

I want everything to be aligned to the walls of my house that just "feel correct" *lol*

Maybe I don't get it though! Ah, I'm so out of the loop. I tried to face our gardens in a specific direction, and it was wrong wrong wrong. It just didn't work.

And wen my bed was faced wrong I slept poorly, because it was supposed to be on a different wall or something.

I don't know.

I'm very spacial, like "I want this to be aligned with another object and not the sunrise" what is that referred to? Can someone explain?

Thanks,
Kimmee

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 pm

The auspicious directions and locations do have merit when it comes to creating luck for someone.  But, that is just one part of the equation.  You need to also consider what you will be facing with, what are the things you are going to place there, the design, etc.  In short, its actually a puzzle wherein you try to create as much as possible the best balance to harmonize your place.

Let's say your auspicious direction says that you should face this direction.  Yet, doing that will make you face the toilet.  That's already mucho bad no matter how auspicious it may be for you.  

And just like what you most likely did, take down notes.  Whenever you rearrange your place to suit a new "feel" you see if things are indeed turning out for the better or worse.  Obviously, if its the latter then you should rearrange things again at least back to the way they were.

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm

kunoichi wrote:Let me know if you need help with that, but just remember to make sure you check your birthday in line with the Chinese New Year, not the western New Year! So if you were born in January 1981, you'd count yourself as being born in 1980.
Why a year earlier?
And how does your chinese starsign affect feng shui :s I didnt know they were related!
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

Marilyn Tee

Post by Marilyn Tee » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 am

Having something spiritual in your home like a Kechara Tibetan Wealth Vase can help increase your positive energy , it also helps increase both your spiritual and material wealth!

divinerchan

Post by divinerchan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Let you bed get the first sight of sun shine. If you wake up late, let yourself take about 5~10 minutes sun shine every morning then lay down the curtains and sleep again.

Diviner.
Sorry for my poor English. Anyone correct me are all welcome and appreciate a lot.

Return to “Feng Shui”