Is there a difference between direction of bed and direction of sleeping inside the bed

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

leolize

Is there a difference between direction of bed and direction of sleeping inside the bed

Post by leolize » Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 am

Hi there,

I'm living in the attic and my canopy bed can't be moved so that I sleep in a good direction. I just found out that I was working and sleeping in the worst direction the last 3 years by reading Lillian Too's book just yesterday. Working: Ho Hai direction and sleeping: Chueh Ming direction. And yes, the last 3 years have been a horror trip for me.

So time to change, but how. My bed can't be turned into a good direction. So is it the same to sleep in a different direction?? Like diagonal?  :smt005  

:smt006
Leolize

leolize

Post by leolize » Thu May 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Here is another possibility I just thought of: Because the canopy bed is too big to move around, I could shorten the bed, by removing the "canopy part". Remaining of the bed would be the matress and the basic framework for it. But that would directly lie on the floor, because the legs of the bed would be removed by removing the "canopy part". Does that matter? If not, would it be the same to just using a matrass as a bed?

:smt006
Leolize

leolize

Post by leolize » Fri May 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Just in case someone has the same thoughts:
Second possibility is not okay, because that would not be good Feng Shui. The chi needs to be able to circulate, so the bed shouldn't directly lie on the floor.

astroace

Post by astroace » Sun May 09, 2010 4:47 am

Hi Leolize,

Feng Shui is all about chi or energy in our surrounding. It has to be balanced and in harmony as all living beings will absorb and react to this energy.

As for your question regarding your sleeping or working position, you need to find out the sector of your bedroom in relation to the house, using the Pie Chart and not the 9 Grid method.

If you have the floor plan, fly the 24 Mountain pie chart over the entire house plan in reference to the house facing direction.

Plot the 8 Mansion and Flying stars chart to the respective sectors of the pie chart. Find out whether your bedroom is in a good or bad sector.

Let me know the reading and I will guide you further.

Best Regards,
astroace

Return to “Feng Shui”