The better bed placement option

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jjkuzu

The better bed placement option

Post by jjkuzu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

Hi, my Kui number is 1 and I've been contemplating on the best position for my bed.

As I understand, the ideal positions for a 1 are sleeping with my head pointing SE, S or E. One of my possible bedrooms (the master bedroom) has a clear wall (no windows) in the E, but sleeping with the bed here would mean the door opens onto my left side. The S and W walls have big windows, and sleeping at the S wall would cause my feet to point out of the door as well.  I can sleep in the SE as my room has an angled wall, but not sure about doing this, because my bed would run diagonally in the room!

There is another possibilty of sleeping in the E, where my feet point toward the bathroom door, and my head would be exactly in line with the doorpane (the bed would overlap slightly past that wall).  I'm not sure about this layout - please help! Here is a diagram of my room's build: 'a' and 'b' are positions where I could fit my bed not near any windows. The West side window is where my bed is at the moment.

South
                   |                            |
  East          |a            window |             West
                   |    door                 |
                   |    /                      |
                   |  /                        |
                   |/                           \
                           |                      \   bathroom door
                           |b                      \
                           |___________  

North

CityHunter

Post by CityHunter » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Your problem isn't uncommon as a lot of us has the same issue :(  The answer to your question is that it is better to have your bed facing the window as a solid curtain and plants outside the window can effectively seal that gap.  The worst position would be to be so close or pointed towards the bathroom door.  You can remedy the issues with the doors by placing round mirrors above and outside the bedroom door and another inside the bathroom.  Do add a cactus plant too inside the bathroom as it effectively neutralizes the negative and stagnant chi there.

Return to “Feng Shui”