New Home - Many Questions

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prysmatyk

New Home - Many Questions

Post by prysmatyk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:25 pm

I've purchased a new/old home and am still very new to Feng Shui and am hoping to get some insight or help so when I move into the home I can set it up properly from the beginning. I apologize for the lengthy post, but have so many questions and am uncertain about so many things, I had to ask.

I was able to obtain the original plans for the property, and can see there have been minor alterations done to them. The original patio has been closed in making the home larger, but that placed the kitchen in the direct center of the home, so the light airiness of it is diminished.

The front doors open inward, which is good, and leads to a foyer to allow the energies to settle before flowing throughout the home. (I have a nice half-moon table already for this place) The home, to me, seems to let the energies flow throughout the main areas of home, as all rooms have no doors, but the bedrooms seem as if they will be receiving only minor energies.

I noticed that the front door does face a bathroom, but it is behind a wall and the toilet directly behind that wall. I know the front door should never face a bathroom, but how much of this holds true when it's behind a wall and cannot be seen?

The family room, has no windows and I wonder what to do with it so it won't seem so stifling.

What is more prevalent when considering layout of the house, my Lo Shu, Flying Star or Bagua. I mean which one do I use as the base to build off of?

If anyone could help me out by answering these questions without making me have too many more, I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Empty-Floor-Plans.jpg
Empty-Floor-Plans.jpg (167.5 KiB) Viewed 3107 times

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:40 am

Hi,

Compared to yourself, I am seriously Feng Shui challenged or ignorant.

Did you ever get any satisfactory answers to your questions about the Feng Shui implications of your home's layout on any other website, outside of Mystic Board?

Do you still need this information?

EoT  :smt017

Return to “Feng Shui”