Clutter to Cash

The Chinese way to improve your work and home environments to promote health, happiness, and prosperity.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Clutter to Cash

Post by swetha » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:54 am

Spring has arrived and it is time to clear out the closets, under the beds and every little nook and cranny in the home. This year instead of dusting your stuff and putting them back, make a commitment to turn your clutter to cash. Often our homes are overflowing with clutter that blocks the energy in our homes. If we are looking for a change in our lives, we need to remove the clutter that represents the past and our old lifestyle.

First step to turn clutter to cash is to identify all the clutter in the home. This is very time consuming and exhausting. Begin small with one closet, drawer or room and place your clutter into a box to sell at a later date. Label the boxes for easy reference. It is important you do not clear your clutter too quickly, otherwise you will become frustrated and the job will not be completed.

Place the boxes in one storing area and decide on a date to turn your clutter into cash. You may wish to do a garage sale with a friend or sell your stuff to a thrift shop. It all depends on your time. Organizing a garage sale is time consuming but you should make more money than if you sell the stuff to a thrift store.

After you turned your clutter to cash, it is time to nourish your soul for being successful in your goal. Instead of bringing more stuff into the home, spend the money on pampering yourself or signing up for a course you have wanted to take for years. Use this money to begin a new chapter in your life.

Debbie DeSpirt,
fengshui.about.com/od/clutterinthehome/a/cluttertocash.htm

sunshinez

Post by sunshinez » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:24 am

Thats a good idea shwetha.. I have a large pile of clutter (my mom says so ;)) and instead of throwing it away I can make it useful this way..!!!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:07 pm

i hope u r done with u cleaning:))

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:29 pm

I just finished feng-shui course, and de-cluttering was the first step.
 What a difference it makes in your thinking and taking the next step in a new adventure.

The only problem for me is that I should do it more often!!

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:46 am

I don't understand anything about Feng Shui, please help?

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:55 pm

Hi Samson,

I really would just look in the library for a basic book if you are interested in feng shui.
There is quiet a lot to it, but I would just explore first and see if I was really interested.
Not much help, is it!!!!

Samson

Post by Samson » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:04 pm

It's ok, I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

hym2525

Fenug Sh.... Clutter to Cash

Post by hym2525 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:17 am

:smt006
I have some books on F S, and decluttering is the first to energize the energy flowing thru the house.   There are some neat tricks I've come across.   Always close the toilet lid (engery is sucked out of the house),  The stove in the kitchen is related to $$  so keep it clean, clean.  If u want u can position a mirror over the stove burners to double the amount of burners.   Good Luck!           Helen
Helen Y,  Listening is valuable in all we endeavor

jyotimirpuri

clutter blocks us

Post by jyotimirpuri » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:26 am

yes removing the clutter from the house allows a free flow of energy to her thoughts and deeds
interested in tarot reading, fengshui, reiki, numerology

hym2525

clutter to cash

Post by hym2525 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:35 pm

:smt006

I know that less clutter leads to more cash, and I do try.   I find that to stay on top of everything really zaps my energy.  Maybe I do not have an effeicent whole house system.   How does one person effiently do the laundry,  keep on top of kid,  pets,  house stuff, and keep clutter @ bay?  
I find it sufficient to keep the toilet lid down and keep  a clean stove.   More money has been comming my way.   Fact or fiction??????
Helen Y,  Listening is valuable in all we endeavor

EFS

Post by EFS » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 am

Hi guys,

Karen Kingston has some great books about Clearing your Clutter and space clearing. They can be purchased from any good book store or you can purchase from

Cheers

P.S. NO LINKS PLEASE.

Delphina

Re: clutter to cash

Post by Delphina » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:52 pm

hym2525 wrote: :smt006

I know that less clutter leads to more cash, and I do try.   I find that to stay on top of everything really zaps my energy.  Maybe I do not have an effeicent whole house system.   How does one person effiently do the laundry,  keep on top of kid,  pets,  house stuff, and keep clutter @ bay?  
I find it sufficient to keep the toilet lid down and keep  a clean stove.   More money has been comming my way.   Fact or fiction??????
Hi Hym2525
I understand what you are saying.  Sometimes I find if I make little sticky notes with small steps I feel better about the progress that I am making.

abundantblessings

Post by abundantblessings » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:37 pm

I also find Clearing Your Clutter With Feung Shui to be a great book! I've lent it to three friends that used it and then went out and bought it! There is a reason that I have yet to part with this baby! :)

Return to “Feng Shui”