Simple Basic Concepts of Vaastu

An Indian architectural science that brings about well being and happiness by principles based on direction

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rahul

Simple Basic Concepts of Vaastu

Post by rahul » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:15 am

The Principles

Vaastu Sastra is based on precepts laid down thousands of years ago in the Indian classics like the Puranas and Vedas. It concerns the order - the harmony of heaven and earth and ways in which we as humans can keep the balance of humans intact.

Few examples  (just skimming over and touching the basic principles of  Vaastu Sastra - only to make a person aware of what exactly it pertains to)  are listed below.

While buying a siite
1. Select a site where the land is fertile and not dry and rocky.

2. Avoid water logged land or a site at the end of a road.

3. Avoid land too close to graveyards, cemeteries,
crematoria or hospitals.

Building a house :

1.   Regular shapes in houses with squares and rectangles are far superior to angular houses with protrusions or L-shaped and V-shaped structures.

2. Avoid U-shaped houses. People in these would face a great deal of hardship and unhappiness.

3. Avoid triangular shaped houses that have too many corners. The angles are not conducive in attracting positive energy.
Doors :

1. The main door of a house should never directly face a church, temple or cemetery.

2. The door formula states that the number of doors inside a house should be even  in  numbers and not  odd numbers. They should not end in zero. There should be an odd number of doors in line.

3. When doors face each other, make sure they face each other directly.

Staircases :

1. A staircase should never begin in front of the main door nor end directly in front of a upstairs door.

2. Staircases should ideally be curved gently rather than straight.

3. Spiral staircases are not auspicious.

Industries :

1. The land for an industry as advised by our Ancient  Masters should not be where the air is stale, where plants cannot flourish, where soil is dry and lifeless, where surroundings are harsh and threatening and where shapes of hills are sharp and pointed.

2. The main shed or building should be constructed in the south west sector of the entire land leaving more space in the north and east direction and less space in the south west direction.

3. The overhead water tank should be located in the north east sector.

4. The raw material should be stored in the western area and the finished goods in the north west sector.

Just a few of the basic principles of Vaastu Sastra have be touched on. There is a lot more to be studied and understood in detail for the best results. This may be further discussed if required. Do remember that Vaastu Sastra is not magic. It does not have instant results. It is necessary to be patient and allow time for the positive energy and currents from the cosmos to enter the home or office and industry and await harmony and balance.

Vaastu should be looked upon as a science and ancient wisdom that has survived through
centuries.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:58 am

this is interesting :smt001

what about flats or apartments that r ready made . how do u make changes acc to vaastu in them?

vjarowdy

hi

Post by vjarowdy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 am

gr8 post

rjiev

vastu

Post by rjiev » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:14 pm

if there is a ready made flat then make the changes if possible. viz the bedroom for children or elderones as per vastu . eldeers should make their bedroom in southwest. children in north. going to be married in northwest. Otherwise place ganesha or make a swastik wherever it cannot be rectified  Ganesha bless you

MaUpma

For readymade flats resort to Vastu and Feng Shui Remedies

Post by MaUpma » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:02 am

In Vastu each unit has its own Vastu. So rearranging the furniture and decor of a room can make it individually vastu compliant even if the room per se is not in the right direction.

You can put Vastu and Feng Shui cures to remove the defects due to wrong placement of the room. Please visit my blog www.indusguru.com for more articles.

Ma Upma
I am a practising Vastu, Astrology, Fengshui and Reiki consultant based out of Navi Mumbai India. I run a successful blog www.indusguru.com.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:53 am

Greetings MaUpma,
After reading your blog on Ganesha, I have a question. I have a statue of a seated Ganesha in my balcony and the back is against a glass window which leads to my living room. But Ganesha is facing the North direction now, so if I turn him to have his back to the external wall of the apartment, he will be facing West, so what would you advise?
Thanks.
roz

MaUpma

Ganesha in Balcony

Post by MaUpma » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Dear Roz

You can have it face the West. If possible remove it from the balcony unless the balcony is closed and converted into a small room
I am a practising Vastu, Astrology, Fengshui and Reiki consultant based out of Navi Mumbai India. I run a successful blog www.indusguru.com.

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:28 am

Greetings MaUpma, thank you for your reply. I think I will face it against the external wall as I don't have any other good  place to put Lord Ganesha. Also, I really enjoy your blog but can't seem to access the other interesting articles. How could I access them?
Thank you once again.

Regards,
roz

MaUpma

Ganesha in Balcony

Post by MaUpma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:27 am

Dear Roz

Please let me know which posts you are not able to view from indusguru.com. All the links are provided in all the pages itself.

Ma Upma

harrypatyal

question

Post by harrypatyal » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:38 pm

I guess lots of old cultures like india and china have some kind of science which tells you about the influence of fixtures and their life
Live Life King Size

harrypatyal

question

Post by harrypatyal » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:40 pm

which side should the doors of the house open to have prosperity and is there any connection between vaastu shastra and astrology
Live Life King Size

raven3075

vastu shastra

Post by raven3075 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:00 am

Hi,
thisone I have never heard of.
Question: what is the reason the door cannot face a church or cemetary ?
knowledge is the birthright of all humankind

qwertyabcabc

Post by qwertyabcabc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:26 pm

It is said that there should not be too many books dumped in a cupboard . Is it true . ? If so , why ???

Aarti

Post by Aarti » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:19 am

GOOD ONE ...

Aarti

Post by Aarti » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:20 am

CAN U TELL ME ANY GOOD SITE FOR IT...

Return to “Vastu Shastra”