Computer cabinet , which direction is suitable?

An Indian architectural science that brings about well being and happiness by principles based on direction

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vastuwala

Computer cabinet , which direction is suitable?

Post by vastuwala » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:54 pm

I have bought a computer cabinet table which is 5 feet wide  6 feet high for my home/office
My room in which it will be kept is 9x9feet, the entrance to this room is from west/south & I want to know following;

Should I place the table on to the north side (right side touching east) so while working I face north? behind me then will be a plain wall on which I plan to hang a photograph/painting.
or
Should I place the table on to the east side (right side touching south) so while working I face east? If I do this the entrance door will be behind me.

Since I have the choice I want some knowledgeable  opinion. Thanks for your help, this can be a great forum if more interaction can take place.

vastuwala

Post by vastuwala » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:18 pm

Does any one read & answer here please..............?????
Thanks

mysticdoubts

Post by mysticdoubts » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:23 am

vastuwala wrote:Does any one read & answer here please..............?????
Thanks
LOL. heeeeeeeee.. Hope someone does soon.

vastuwala

Post by vastuwala » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:41 am

Thats  sad ,
no one here interact much, it would have been a great recourse to spread the Indian mystical sciences.

jal

Post by jal » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:40 pm

I would guess that if you consider that the computer works on electricity, then it should be placed in the Agni Kosh which is the South East part of the room.  As far as facing is concerned, it is always preferable to have the entrance door to the room in front of you or to the side, but never behind you.  Also, a solid wall at the back is of advantage.
The Best is yet to come.

vastuwala

Post by vastuwala » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:08 pm

Oh Great so someone replied, but I did not check the forum as I lost hope that any one is interested to reply.

Thanks Jal for the answer, but meanwhile based on ur theory I have placed the cabinet similar to ur placement.

Cabinet is in SE of the room, I sit facing NE
The CPU is placed IN SE, the only problem I have is that the entrance  door is behind me & behind the entrance is the corridor wall, is that ok? or should I place the cabinet to north wall & then place the monitor in NE so I can face NE or North while working.

below is the image of present east facing setup

& this one can be north facing

Which one is better or best out of the two.
Thanks for all ur guidance.

pkj

Post by pkj » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:50 am

you should place computer table in the north east corner of the room. if you are a student and want to use computer more for your studies, the computer should be kept is such a way that you face east while doing computer. Facing north is also good direction

vastuwala

Post by vastuwala » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks PKJ,
Its my main computer & source of earning as I work online using internet.
I have kept it as per my 1st diagram & things are working fine.................I face NE while working........best of the both worlds.

rjiev

Post by rjiev » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:24 pm

hi vastuwala !

All electric equipments viz, tv, gyser, computer etc are preferable at south - east of the house/room.  It relates to fire and the best position for kitchen is also south-east of the house

pkj

Post by pkj » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 pm

You should place the table on to the north side so while working your face should be towards north. There should not be window or door behind a person while working. In your other option, you have a door behind you. So the first option is the best.

itsme4u

HII FRIENDS

Post by itsme4u » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm

i too need an advice for this plz help
Dont Worry, Be Happy !

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 pm

What is Agni Kosh

Return to “Vastu Shastra”