What is real north for vastu as earth tilts on axis

An Indian architectural science that brings about well being and happiness by principles based on direction

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vastuwala

What is real north for vastu as earth tilts on axis

Post by vastuwala » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:55 am

I was reading on the web that the earth tilts approx 23° to its left in summers & 23° to its right in winters. This brings a difference of 46° in sunrise angles varying from june-dec25th 6 months cycle.

So a house built in perfect east on june 25th will no longer be facing east after 25th dec bcoz of earth tilt of 42°.

Will it now face south east or north east?
which direction does the earth tilt effect the sunrise?
What is the real east for vastu based house?

Any input on this is welcome.
Regards

kprnair

real east

Post by kprnair » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Please refer the book Vasthusastra by D N Shukla, it is available at all leading book stalls selling vasthu books, in this book it is clearly mentioned how to find the actual directions by watching the sun rays.
this page is not enough for me to explain the procedure in detail......
kprnair

vastuwala

Post by vastuwala » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:06 am

Dear
thanks for the reference of the book, the way you mention of watching the sun rays, thats exactly what I did & due to tilt of the earth the sun ray changes its position every month, so by your method of watching the sunrays I still cannot find the true north bcoz since its changing every day.

May be you can discuss the method a bit more detailed here.
Regards

kprnair

Post by kprnair » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:06 am

In the Indian Vasthusastra it is not insisting you to fix the point of directions, the aim of fixing the directions is to secure the maximum benefit from the solar radiation automatically and irrespective of the fact whether occupants will it or not. The minutest rules are prescribed for the most advantageous setting of structures with this. You have to follow some astrology also for this, because you can see some months are not suitable for starting a new plan.

As described in the book you can place a post in the center of the plot to mark the variations in sun rise and sun set for certain days to find the exact position of the plot, I am not explaining here it in detail, from that you will get the full and direct exposure to the field of action of solar radiation
kprnair

kprnair

Post by kprnair » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:07 am

In the Indian Vasthusastra it is not insisting you to fix the point of directions, the aim of fixing the directions is to secure the maximum benefit from the solar radiation automatically and irrespective of the fact whether occupants will it or not. The minutest rules are prescribed for the most advantageous setting of structures with this. You have to follow some astrology also for this, because you can see some months are not suitable for starting a new plan.

As described in the book you can place a post in the center of the plot to mark the variations in sun rise and sun set for certain days to find the exact position of the plot, I am not explaining here it in detail, from that you will get the full and direct exposure to the field of action of solar radiation
kprnair

Lax29

Post by Lax29 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks but the book does not say anything specific about angles and degrees

Return to “Vastu Shastra”