Flying

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gooleander

Flying

Post by Gooleander » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:00 pm

I have always heard that some people can actually fly when they are sleeping/dreaming. I finally did it the other night. It was kinda scary at first, but then it was nice. I know I was able to control where I went and how fast I could go and how high. It was a trip. I want to do it again, but I haven't been able to do it again. Is there a way that I can induce this again?

Tyrinaniel

Post by Tyrinaniel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:16 pm

Usually when flying in your dreams, and you know for a fact you're controlling it, that's astrally projecting.  You can do this while in the alpha state.  I'd rather let someone more experienced describe how to do this... I'm still learning.

Svanprins

Re:

Post by Svanprins » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:25 pm

I used to think about that dream and concentrate ...It´s usually help.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:51 am

Hi gooleander,

The best advice I can offer is practice, practice, practice. I used to wake myself up a short time before I actually had to wake up.. walk across the room to turn the alarm off and I would go back to bed with the thought of 'I will dream what I want to dream about now' with a specific thought in my mind of what it was I wanted to dream about and groggily head back to bed. Perhaps this method will help train you to dream about what you would like to dream about....such as flying.

Some of my favourite dreams are when I am flying. I love to soar through the air, sometimes I have company and others I am alone. The funniest flying dream I had was I was flying carefree, then swooping up and down in my old neighbourhood and when I reached the house I grew up in, I realized I didn't know how to fly, took a nose dive and came crashing down. I naturally woke up. But I relish those dreams.

As Ty mentioned, for some it is astral projection and for others it is just a dream. Enjoy it :)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”