Very Random Dream...

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sunstorm

Very Random Dream...

Post by Sunstorm » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Well this was a random dream i had about a week ago on two consecutive nights...

Basically it involved being stuck in my old Primary School with lots of large carnivourus Dinosaur's prowling the grounds and looking in the windows (think T-Rex's etc). There was lots of people in the school with me - some i knew others where just blurs. It ended both times with me being shot in-front of somebody i knew - sort of like taking a bullet for them but without any Hollywood style bodyguard dive. I can't remember why or who shot me, and both times i woke up afterwards. Edit: I can't recall how the gun found it's way inside either. lol

I've no idea at all what that meant, other than it left me slightly confused when i woke up. Also, the layout of the school was how it was when i was a student there - like 10+ years ago now - rather than how it looks now.

So yeah...um...any ideas on this or am i going mad?  :smt005

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:23 am

No you are not going mad, and I very much doubt that this was a random dream. It contains unconscious symbols which stand in place of or represent certain aspects of your waking life which your dreaming mind is asking you to think more deeply about. There are important messages with regard to your development as both a spiritual and human being, hidden here. Image

Dinosaur

To see a dinosaur in your dream, symbolizes an outdated attitude. You may need to discard your old ways of thinking and habits...........

For the complete entry under this heading see:

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/d.htm

T-Rex is probably only of special significance compared to any of the other dinosaurs in your dream, in that it is the most well known and most feared of all it's relatives.

To dream that you are yourself shot frequently represents a form of self-punishment that you may be unconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something which you are ashamed of, or are not especially proud of.

You fear not only changing your ways of thinking, but also of having your more distant past coming back to haunt or attack you. You are possibly magnifying your fears out of all reasonable proportion, making a small lizard appear as if it is  a marauding and bloodthirsty T-Rex?

Feel the fear, but do it anyway?

EOT Image

Nyteshadecreed

Similar Dreams myself

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:50 pm

I often have a similar dream myself, often that I am at my parents home, that I am MUCH younger and that I am being chased by Raptors. I have to think of ways to save myself and my family. I am not always successful... at which point I wake up. I usually have these dreams when I am having a tough time emotionally, often without realizing it. When I am busy and don't pay myself as much attention as I need to figure things out or to try to relax and just let go of the everyday hub-bub then I get these dreams. I don't know if that helps you out. But I usually quit having them when I take some 'me' time and just try to relax and think about what I have been feeling and validating it to myself.

Sunstorm

Post by Sunstorm » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:40 pm

Thanks for the quick & informative replies; apologies for me taking so long to say thanks.

Thanks for the analysis Eye_of_Tiger; I'm not sure what the fear of the past maybe exactly, but i've got a fair idea on what the changing my train of thought is about. I've been thinking of changing my attitude to a few things about myself lately so that could be that.

Would thinking of the old School layout be to do with the past too? I still visit the place with how it looks now due to having a little sister who attends, but in the dreams it is always how it was when i was a student - the layout inside, the outside, work on the walls and so on - they are all how i can remember it being on differant points during my years that. I'd guess that is to do with the past and fear of change too?

Nyteshade ~ Thanks for the reply! I've not really 'treated' myself to anything within a few weeks but have been buying for others so spending some time on myself does also ring true in that sense; thanks :)

Again, thank you both for the replies, truly appriciated ^_^

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Schools are places of gaining knowledge or of learning

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:12 am

You asked in your response:

Would thinking of the old School layout be to do with the past too?

Schools are places of gaining knowledge or of learning, so I believe that your dreaming mind is symbolically saying here that there are many positive life lessons you could potentially learn by examining your past memories in more detail, and by doing so hopefully more effectively deal with your fear of (or unwillingness to) change.

EOT Image

Sunstorm

Post by Sunstorm » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:04 am

Sorry to raise this back from the depths of the never-realms of old posts - but thanks for the reply again EOT.

Just to continue this on as i had sort of the same dream two days ago (only no dinosaurs). Does it mean anything else that the person who you 'take the bullet for' is always the same person over and over again? It's somebody really close to me personally and it's always them i seem to 'sacrifice' myself for. Any symbolence to that at all?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:36 am

From my original posting, I quote:

To dream that you are yourself shot frequently represents a form of self-punishment that you may be unconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something which you are ashamed of, or are not especially proud of.

You then asked:

Does it mean anything else that the person who you 'take the bullet for' is always the same person over and over again? It's somebody really close to me personally and it's always them i seem to 'sacrifice' myself for. Any symbolence to that at all?

Actually you have effectively already answered your own question. There is obviously something about your relationship with this person who is close to you that you are not only not proud of, but you are ashamed of.

I believe that the dreams mean that by you constantly sacrificing your own equally important needs in order to constantly please everyone else all of the time, and by giving over your personal power to this other person, you may now feel that you have set yourself up to be hurt or disappointed over and over again.

Symbolically the things which have most been wounded are your pride and your self confidence? Beating up on yourself without compassion and mercy is only likely to to make matters much worse.

Giving or sacrificing is said to be divine (only up to a point), but if we continue to always sacrifice our own needs for another person's benefit (take the bullet for them), we deny them of valuable opportunities for their own personal and spiritual growth. Some things which we do for others would be much more effectively learnt if they did it for themselves instead?

Hoping this has helped make things a little clearer,

Namaste,

eye_of_tiger Image

Sunstorm

Post by Sunstorm » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:25 am

Thanks EOT; that actually hits quite a few nails on the head. Thanks again; all the best.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”