Large Dragonfly

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Master Po

Large Dragonfly

Post by Master Po » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:51 am

Hello friends,
I sincerely wish I had a better dream to share with all of you but it is a frightning nonsense dream unfortunately.I had a dream in which I was running away from a large dragonfly.I triped and the dragonfly swooped thru the air and picked me up.I yelled but the dragonfly did not release me.Instead I saw a swarm of dragonflies flying by the horizon and noticed we were headed in that same direction.I sreamed and woke from the dream in a sweat.It is a strange dream but wanted to ask if any person hear can interprit it.I get nervous just writing about it since I am afraid of heights

Thank You Much
Master Po

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:38 am

To see a dragonfly in your dream often means that you are currently going though a time of significant and largely positive spiritual change in your life.

It may also indicate that something in your life may not presently appear as it really is (what's new about that?).

When seen within a dream a dragonfly can assist you to see through your illusions, and thus allow your own spiritual light within you to shine forth that much more brightly.

As a dream symbol, the dragonfly often comes to speak of the power of light and colour magic, and of movement and adaptability.

Often regarded as being one of the most adaptable of all insects, dragonflies have two pairs of wings, but if need to they can fly with only one.

To some so called primitive native people, they symbolically represent the souls of the dead.

You might also be interested in watching a movie I now have in my personal DVD collection.

"Dragonfly" (2002)

"Dr. Joe Darrow (Kevin Costner) becomes obsessed with the idea that his late wife (Susanna Thompson) is trying to contact him through the near-death experiences of his patients".

http://tinyurl.com/yvef9b

This is only one of the most recent Hollywood expressions of the belief that dragonflies may symbolically represent the souls of the dead. The average life expectancy of a dragonfly varies according to where in the world it is living, but it is believed to be a maximum of about two months. Perhaps dreams of dragonflies are there to emphasise that in the scale of time of the Universe our own individual lives are exceedingly brief, and that we should therefore tell our loved ones how much they mean to us, while we still have time to do so. Tomorrow may be too late?

Hoping this has helped you to better understand your own dragonfly dream,

Cheers,

eye_of_tiger Image

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:45 am

I get the sense that there is something in your life right now that you don't want to do but feel compelled to anyways... If there is such a thing, I think you should go with your instinct not to do it instead of trying something that isn't right for you... I hope this has helped....

Master Po

Post by Master Po » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:38 am

Thank you both Eye of Tiger and Nyteshadecreed for your insight.Eye of tiger I will rent the Dragonfly movie this weekend.It seems interesting and I like Kevin Costner.I appreciate your dream interpretation also.
Nyteshadecreed you are correct in what you said.I do not want to break off a business partnership but have felt compelled to do so because my partner lied.My instinct has told me not to do it. It is only a white lie and is not that important.In the end it would not be smart to break up the partnership which should turn out to be mutually beneficial.You have given me clarity and I am very gratefull.

Thank You Very Much
Master Po

Return to “Dream Interpretation”