Please Help me with this analysis

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ANMLDR

Please Help me with this analysis

Post by ANMLDR » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi! I'm hoping that someone can help me with a dream that I had....

All that I remember is that I was visiting an ex boyfriend at college but he wasn't there when I got there, I ended up making friends with people there ... we went to buy a cake but realized when we were looking at it that the left side was missing. Then all of a sudden I was in a shower using weird hair products and putting pink streaks with glitter in my hair, then I was talking to a new found friend about why my ex had not showed up and then he appeared in his room and said that he was there, then he disaapeared again, I decided to leave but before I left I started looking through peoples drawers and then when I left i was running up a road to find my car....that's all I remember, i was not scared throughout the dream at all, I was sasd that my ex had not noticed me.....Any ideas????? Please help!!!!!!!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:00 pm

First....welcome to the Community...we hope you will have a nice stay and make lots of friends.

You have now asked for your first reading.....it might take some time before it arrive....use the time to make you known in the forum....interact...this gives energies that the Reader might pick up and then give a better result, even if yours is only Dream Interpretations.

It's no use to ask again and again....if anyone have something to say they will do so on this one :)

Good luck.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:05 am

As you do not appear to be asking as such for a reading, and you have posted your dream in the correct forum for requesting an interpretation (has it been moved from another one without my knowledge?), I am now at a bit of a loss to know why this rule about you not making your first posting a reading request has been brought up here at all (although I do realise that it is included in the Psychic Reading forum rules for a very good reason).

Could I therefore please ask our admin if it is still allowed for me to attempt to interpret the possible meaning(s) of this dream for your new member ANMLDR, as I do not wish to unintentionally do something which is outside of the site rules as I presently understand them? I do recognise that dream interpretations frequently give way to an actual reading at a later date, once we have got to know you better (first getting to know you better is an important part of the reason for such a rule).

Thanks,

eye_of_tiger :smt017  :smt017  :smt017

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:46 am

My welcome post to him/her is a general one I have made for those new members that ask for a service as first statement :)

It's a general welcome and and a "urge"  to use the waiting time to make oneself known to the community.

Our policy is that any Reader has the full control over what request he/sh will respond to...we have put up a limit...but this is more so the reader can deny direct request on those first post, if they feel no connection.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=38043

This request is posted in proper forum from the member itself :)

Rhuto

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:02 am

Hi Rhutobello, Image

Thanking you very much for clearing this up for me so quickly, as I was feeling rather confused (not that unusual for me these days) and was also wondering whether or not I was misunderstanding what the member was asking for.

I do respect the reading forum rules and quite understand the reasons for having them, but I thought I may have missed something in the translation, and wanted to first check this out with admin, before bowling ahead and unintentionally putting my foot in it in the process (a severe case of foot in mouth).

And now back to helping to interpret ANMLDR's original dream:

Effectively, while waiting for your ex boyfriend to show up, you met someone else. Someone who you could easily get to like almost as much as you once did your ex (or maybe even more so). I get a distinct feeling that you were not sad in your dream that your ex boyfriend did not turn up, but it was more that he did not see your new friend and become jealous.

You appear to want to have your slice of the cake, and eat it too. You are uncertain about whether or not you want your ex bf back, but in a way he do want him to come back so that he will realise that other men might find you equally attractive. You are therefore putting out mixed messages to both your ex bf as well as to any other men that you might get to like in the meantime while you are waiting.

You hint that you want their company, but they may soon recognise that in a way you are using them to get back at your ex bf for hurting you so much in the past. Putting the streaks and glitter in your hair suggests to me that what you are admitting to yourself and these men in your life is only about keeping up appearances.

Looking through other people's drawers sounds to me that you are interfering in what is somebody's private and personal affairs. You are looking through their dirty linen for a reason to leave them because you believe that they would in the end turn out to be just as hurtful and insensitive as your ex boyfriend was. In a way you are afraid to get too close to another man because you are afraid that he would also not accept you for being whom you already are, and would therefore want to change you into his ideal image of what a woman should be like.

Please do not take the above as negative criticism of yourself, as these are only the most likely possible general meanings for these dream symbols. To your dreaming mind, they might potentially mean something entirely different. I am simply trying to help you to think more deeply about your dream, with the main purpose of helping you to better understand why your dreaming mind chose to send you these messages in this way, instead of just coming out and saying these things to you more directly.

Hoping this has provided you with further food for thought (and we are still good friends, after you have read through it),

Your's truly,

eye_of_tiger Image

ANMLDR

Post by ANMLDR » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:41 am

I appreciate the feed back very much!! Thank you...However, the people in the dream that I was with after looking for my exboyfriend were women who went to school with him, they didn't know him  and ended up befriending me also it was their dresser drawers I was looking through not an ex's.... I'm confused!

carte_blanche

Post by carte_blanche » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:01 pm

i think sub consiously you are still missing your ex bf but you would not wanna admnit the same to yourself and hence the mental struggle.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 am

I could not agree more with carte_blanche's comments, than if I had made them myself. There does appear to be a lot of confusion within your dreams as to your true feelings towards your ex even at this late stage. While I do feel that in your mind that you know that it is over and it is time to move on to someone else who is more willing to and capable of giving you the love and respect you so richly deserve, you do still have a problem convincing your troubled heart of this.

You continue to feel deeply about this man, and do not want to admit to anyone how much this is tearing you apart. Looking through the women's drawers could suggest that you are suspicious that although they did not claim to know your boyfriend in person at the time, that you unconsciously believe they were concealing the truth from you, and that all along you had been set up to have your feelings hurt.

You are symbolically looking for their dirty emotional linen as evidence of their betrayal of you as their "friend", possibly to help you to find a valid reason to finally turn your back on him as no longer being worthy of all your terribly confused feelings and ongoing heartache?

If you can somehow prove to yourself that he was never trustworthy of your love, then it makes it that much easier to turn your back on him now, and walk away in the opposite direction as fast as you can. To put the past finally and completely behind you, especially with regard to your relationship with him which is now well and truly over?

Take care,

eye_of_tiger Image

Return to “Dream Interpretation”