Crazy recurring dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

tuff_ghosttt

Crazy recurring dream

Post by tuff_ghosttt » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:32 am

So, I've been having these dream for the last few days and it's really freaked me out. I was wondering if anyone could help me with it?

In my dream I go back to my hometown (which I loathe and haven't returned to since I left 5 years ago) with my parents in one car, and my close friend and my love interest come with me in my car. We and my parents get seperated, and end up sitting in my car on the edge of a cliff overlooking the main road in the town. As I look down and see the road, I see a tiger. It's completely orange and then outlined black. Almost like a cartoon. But it stops and looks up at me and it has a distinct human face (but is also still orange). We decide to wait for my parents at my old house, but on the way my car dies for no reason. I try to start it a number of times and on the fourth try it finally does re-start. We go up to the house and are sitting there waiting, and all the while I'm aware that this house is no longer mine. Suddenly people start coming into the house, hassling my love interest and burning holes in the carpet. Following this the "owners" of the house come home, and (in real life) they are my boss and boss' daughter.

Then I wake up.
Yesterday I googled "tiger face" just for the hell of it. And then I got really scared because this image is exactly what the face looked like:

http://z.about.com/d/painting/1/7/y/S/1 ... ePaint.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:48 am

Hi Tuff-

Every time I click on that link it wrecks my internet connection and I have to disconnect the cable and reconnect.

Your dream theme seems to be about things that are no longer yours or a part of your life any longer. I would imagine overlooking the view from the cliff of your hometown would be a reflection of the past; something that is now behind you. The tiger I would imagine is a deterrent to look back, however your car stalls and after a few attempts restarts and you're off again to your destination to find out it's no longer yours.

Based on the details of this dream there is something in your past you keep looking back to and reflecting upon, but the tiger deterring you is either your minds way of telling you you aren't facing it or perhaps it is deterring you because it really isn't as important as you think. That's entirely up to you to decide if reflecting on a particular part of your past is worth the effort.

Happy dreaming,

Angelique

Return to “Dream Interpretation”