Dream Interpretation Help Please

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Kate55

Dream Interpretation Help Please

Post by Kate55 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi There

I wonder if anyone can help interpret a dream my friend had which is worrying her. Her mother died 2 weeks ago and she had this dream about a week after. Here is her dream:

She is standing when a large white owl flies to her and sits on her shoulder.Then the owl turns into a heron and somebody - she doesnt know who starts to bash the heron against a wall and she screams out "stop it you will kill it"

Ideas anyone?
BB
Kate

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:35 am

Doing third party dream interpretations is often much more difficult and frequently turns out to be far less accurate than if the dream had been your's (but I will certainly give it my best shot).

Could I please firstly extend my sincere condolences to your friend on the recent sad loss of her mother, although I do sense that her mother's spirit remains very close to her beloved daughter watching over and protecting her as she has always done, but this time from the Spirit world?

Seeing an owl in your dream is believed to represent wisdom, insight and virtue. The owl is also often associated with death and darkness. Hearing the hoot of an owl is frequently regarded as being an omen of future disappointments, and forewarns that death creeps closely in the wake of joy and health.

On the other hand to see a heron in your dream is seen more as a symbol of the dreamer's self-reliance, stability, and careful forethought. She will achieve much success through her perseverance and ongoing efforts. Alternatively, it signifies her ability to explore and delve into the contents of her unconscious.

On the basis of my research into the generally accepted meanings for the owl and heron, I would interpret it in your friend's case to be a dream to encourage her to grieve for her mother's loss in her own way, and not to have her hopes for a more positive future constantly dashed by her feeling that she has somehow failed to be the very best daughter she could have been while her mother was still living with her on Earth.

I also believe that her mother's spirit is strongly behind the reason for her having this dream so soon after her passing. To bash the heron against the wall as if to kill it suggests to me that someone probably outside your friend's family is presently spoiling her efforts (probably quite unintentionally) to regain a sense of stability and optimism in her life, so soon after the loss of her mother's comforting physical presence.

Please let me know if this has been of any help and comfort to your friend, knowing that her mother is still so near to and proud of her,

God bless you both,

eye_of_tiger Image

Kate55

Post by Kate55 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Thank you so much Eye of Tiger, I will email this to my friend immediately and will let you know her reply.

BB
Kate

passionatepainter

Owls and Herons

Post by passionatepainter » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I'm always impressed with the intrepretations given by eye_of_the_tiger. I suspect most of us will have nothing more meaningful to contribute than she does. The only thing I would add is that your friend might try to meditate of each symbol in the dream to see what her personal associations are with the symbol. For instance when a symbol has two opposite meanings in different cultures -- one of those might be more correct for you personally than the other. The owl is a perfect example of this. In one culture it is a symbol of wisdom. In another it is considered bad luck and associated with death. I often dream of owls and have also had strange encounters with owls, but for me they always seem to have positive associations.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”