my child had drown?? help understanding

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

doogatyee

my child had drown?? help understanding

Post by doogatyee » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 pm

I had a sad dream last night that I went to pick uo my kids from the school swimming lessons, and had gathered the other three but my second child, my younger boy was not with  his class, i walked around the swimming center and was almost back where i started when i looked behind a glass window to a room where a woman was in doing something but not paying much attention to anything else. There was also a little inflateble pool in there, and in that pool was my four yearold son, dead in a what little amount of water there was in there.  I banged at the window to get the woman's attention and when she looked with horror at my dead son's body i woke with a great feeling of sadnesss, and went in and layed with my son as he slept.

Does anyone have any insight, that might help me figure out the meaning to this.  I have never had a premonition dream so I am really hoping this isn't my first. Thanks for any help.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:12 pm

Hello doog-

I would imagine based on your dream there is some worry for your child, or even children which is quite natural as a mother to worry and want to protect them which can range from a boo-boo to someone hurting their feelings.  Perhaps something is going on in their life currently or happened recently which set you off to have this dream... and the drowning represented the helplessness you felt, and the heart break that accompanies it when your little one's have to go through the experience of life's disappointments. Our instinct is to protect them, and some things we cannot protect them from, we can only guide them to adjust to it and adapt... like when their best friend decides he would rather play with the new kid all of a sudden instead of
playing with your child. It hurts his feelings, and the only comfort we can give them is to help them understand that it's ok if Joey wants to play with Bobby today, and there are plenty of other friends to make.

I hope that helps..

doogatyee

Post by doogatyee » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:03 am

Thanks, That was an angle I hadn't thought of before, and makes sense.  Thanks. It's always nice to have someone else's mind open a door i hadn't thought about. Thanks.

passionatepainter

Children in dreams

Post by passionatepainter » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:01 pm

Children (and lovers etc) in dreams often represent aspects of ourselves. Children usually represent some undeveloped aspect. If this part drowned in water--I would intreprete that as some undeveloped part of your self is being overwhelmed by emotion (water) The way this could work is say you have been taking art lessons and trying to develop your artistic part and you become fearful and back away from art. This could be represented by the dreamaker as your child (your artistic self) being drowned by emotion (water). It's interesting to notice it is a small amount of water. I would take that as encouragement to continue to develop that new aspect since the emotional resistance is actually very small.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”