Loosing Teeth and Tsunamis

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

brittneyblr

Loosing Teeth and Tsunamis

Post by brittneyblr » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 am

Hi all,:smt006
I have two reoccurring dreams, in one my teeth (it can be just one or almost all of them) either become loose and fall out or they crumble to pieces in my mouth where i spend the rest of my dream spitting little pieces of teeth out. The setting and and activities of the dream are different every time but my teeth fall out just the same. I have this dream at least once a month

In the second dream I'm at the beach either at my families old beach house or just some random beach and there are huge waves. And either they are slowly working their way up to the house where they eventually engulf the house and me within it or I'm on the beach and some how can't escape them like i don't walk toward them but i alway end up being taken by them. This dream scares me on a very deep level and it takes me a while after waking up to get rid of an ominous feeling. I have this dream like every six months. Thank you for your time. I know this is a lengthy post.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Both dreams are purely symbolic

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:42 am

"Dream about Tooth Falling out"

http://www.meaning-of-dreams.net/dreams/tooth.html

"Tsunami"

To see a tsunami in your dream represents that you are being overwhelmed by some repressed feelings or unconscious material that is rising up to the surface. You are experiencing some unhappiness and emotional instability in some waking situation.

dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/t3.htm

Hoping these admittedly general meanings might prove useful in better understanding the most likely messages contained within these two types of dreams,

eye-of_tiger Image

brittneyblr

Post by brittneyblr » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Thank you for the links they did explain things a little.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:14 am

Thank you for the links they did explain things a little.

Only a little?  :smt017

Please let me know if you wish me to go into any further detail in interpreting these two dreams, more relevant to your particular life situation.

Take care,

eye_of_tiger Image

brittneyblr

Post by brittneyblr » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:45 am

oh no thank you for your time the link was perfect i just had to apply them to the situations of my life. I didn't mean to sound like they didn't help

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Interpretation difficulties

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:02 am

Not a problem Brittney. :smt002

I never once thought you were suggesting that the links were of no help to you.

It is just that these are only the more generally accepted meanings associated with dreams of losing teeth, and Tsunamis.

It is only your own dreaming mind's interpretation of their meaning that really matters in the end. What they might mean to your dreaming mind may be very different from what they mean to the dreaming mind of another person?

This is where the greatest challenge of helping another person to interpret their dreams often lies.  

EOT :smt017

Vance_Pants

Post by Vance_Pants » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:05 am

I used to have those dreams too, (though they always happened in different ways so they weren't recurring), but every time I had the tsunami dreams the waves were really slow...slow-mo waves...what did that mean? :smt017

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Slow motion action replays

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 pm

I will only hazard an educated guess, but the slow motion effect is often used to help you to analyse in much greater detail what is going in within your dream, and therefore hopefully assist you in better understanding the messages contained within it.

Much the same idea as those slow motion action replays of sporting events on the TV. Possibly this will allow you to realise that events in your life are not happening randomly, but rather as a series of connected events (each one leading to the next). Slowing things down to a crawl frequently makes it easier for us to recognise that this is happening.

Regards,

eye_of_tiger Image

Return to “Dream Interpretation”