fighting, violence, herioc gestures

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lisa_was_here

fighting, violence, herioc gestures

Post by lisa_was_here » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:31 pm

My husband had a lot of dreams where he was protecting me from bad men. He said they were very scary and disturbing. He would wake up in a bad state and noticably disturbed. The dreams were mostly about men that wanted to attack or rape me. They happened shortly after we married and for a few months...could this be just  hero complex and the disturbed memory from his childhood at work or is there some deeper significance to these dreams???
He grew up in unstable countries where they had images and incidents like this in the news often...I guess it could be just these stories he heard from childhood coming back to haunt him?

dayanera

Post by dayanera » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 am

The fact that he seen the rape and ect. in the country he grew up in. Can be his way of thinking of protecting you...Mostly it is a dream of protection .Keeping you safe from EVERYTHING.. :)

MichaelMN

Post by MichaelMN » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:37 am

Here's my guess.

It started recently after you were married - I suspect that he might be feeling a little inadequate now that the reality of being married is settling in. He may be feeling a greater responsibility, a heavier burden, not just to you, but in life in general. The dreams are a means of compensating for the increased pressure.   I expect the dreams will slack off as you two get more into a routine

lisa_was_here

Post by lisa_was_here » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:58 pm

MichaelMN wrote:Here's my guess.

It started recently after you were married - I suspect that he might be feeling a little inadequate now that the reality of being married is settling in. He may be feeling a greater responsibility, a heavier burden, not just to you, but in life in general. The dreams are a means of compensating for the increased pressure.   I expect the dreams will slack off as you two get more into a routine
Thanks Micheal. That is very insightful. I never thought about that but it sounds very, very possible. Actually that seems exactly like him, he was not used to having responsabilities for another person and only had to worry about his own life, and that was even difficult for him. So it would not surprise me that he suffer that pressure at the beginning. It is true that after a few months when we got used to helping each other and he saw I was more capable of doing things myself then he stopped having those dreams. Thanks for wise response.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”