Playing and Grizzly bear dream - any interpretations?

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Has anyone else ever dreamed about Grizzly bears?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 2

bedeboop

Playing and Grizzly bear dream - any interpretations?

Post by bedeboop » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 pm

I dreamed I was running with someone.  I had the impression we were children playing.  The boy I was playing with was looking for a stuffed animal, which I cannot remember the name of when he was looking for it.  I went near a dugout area, like at a baseball field, and could see a shirt laying folded, pocket up, on the seat.  While looking the stuffed animal, which kinda looked like a cross between a dog and a goat, and was bluish gray and white, suddenly appeared because the pocket opened.  I did not see it open, I could just all of a sudden see the toy and then I could not, the pocket had closed.  I went to reach for the toy to give it to the boy and then saw, sitting on the shirt collar, a very small horny toad.  Because of the horny toad I did not want to reach in to get the shirt.  (I am not afraid of horny toads in reality, even tho they are a bit repulsive to look at so I am not sure why I was afraid to touch it in the dream)  I never put any part of my body within the dugout.  I told the boy that his toy was in the shirt.  He went to get it and I started to walk away when I heard a very loud growl.   In the dream I thought, "was that a growl I heard"?   I turned to look and saw a huge grizzly bear climb out of the dugout without appearing to have moved at all.  The grizzly bear was attacking the boy and eating parts of him.  I do not like blood and guts in movies so I guess the lack of that in the dream carried over, because I saw nothing like that.  Just the bear opening its mouth and putting it first around the boys hand and the boys hand just dissappeared.  Then the bear did that to the boy from the wrist to the elbow, that part of his arm disappeared.  I started running then I woke up at that point.

My thoughts;

That little horny toad, small icky, saved my life.

My friend got eaten by the big icky, cuz I was chicken of a small toad!!  (Which I am not in real life).

The toad represents a small problem that could possibly save me from a bigger problem in real life?  

Thanks for any thoughts!

P.S.

This dream had to have been in the first cycle of the sleep process each cycle being about 60-90 mins and the rem cycle being the last.  I had only been asleep about four hours and 30 minutes when I had the dream.  

Bety

MrPhatLips

Post by MrPhatLips » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 pm

It could be a lesson about you doubting yourself and allowing a fear to have power over you that you know for a fact you don't fear.  A consequence may result from not trusting yourself.  Not necessarily a detrimental consequence but maybe a mild aggravation that you could perhaps avoid in daily life?  I'm just takin a stab :-P

Namaste

Mr PL

bedeboop

Grizzy Bear dream

Post by bedeboop » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:38 am

MrPhatLips wrote:It could be a lesson about you doubting yourself and allowing a fear to have power over you that you know for a fact you don't fear.  A consequence may result from not trusting yourself.  Not necessarily a detrimental consequence but maybe a mild aggravation that you could perhaps avoid in daily life?  I'm just takin a stab :-P

Namaste

Mr PL
Oh...I didn't even think of that....Sounds like a good stab, and it is really funny, the one thing I am most of afraid of right now, that I can think of, is driving over mountains and I never use to be afraid of it.  I have been trying to figure out why that changed.  I live not far from Yellowstone, full of grizzly bears...and wildlife of all kinds. Could there be a correlation?  Thanks for replying!

MrPhatLips

Post by MrPhatLips » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 pm

It could be be.  It's so hard to say with dreams.  Dreams can be nothing more than random images or they could mean very detailed specific things.  The majority of the time, my dreams are direct correlations with things I experience in the waking life.  Unresolved issues that I guess I try to run from but can't hide.  So I don't know.  What do you feel the dream means personally to you?  However you are feeling is most likely what message the dream is trying to send you.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”