Continuation Dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

korean_kamikaze

Continuation Dream

Post by korean_kamikaze » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 am

I once had a really weird dream one night and then for the next couple of days I had the same dream yet there was a little more added to it each time. The dream was

I am a kid about 6 or 7 and there's another person with medium length hair about my age standing in front of me with his/her back to me. All of a sudden the person starts running away and I start to chase the person. Just as I am about to catch up with the person I become stuck or something. After the person goes another 10 or 20 feet, they turn around (although i still can't see their face or determine gender), wave goodbye, then disappear. Afterwards I just start falling in infinite darkness where i get a very uneasy feeling.

Addition 1: When i get stuck i turn around and there's a person with no face holding me back then it continues like normal

Addition 2: After I become bound, when the person turns around i can tell that the person has no face.

What does it mean :smt017 I literally bugged my friends to death asking questions about it so could you please inform me?

DebInTx

Post by DebInTx » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 am

Kamikazi:  Your post caught my eye because I also have dreams that sometimes continue in another dream.  I used to work as a therapist (psychology) and did some dream interpretation with clients and with my own dreams.  They do have meanings and can tel us a lot about ourselves.

When I read your dream I could almost see it happening.  I felt the person in front  of you whom you were chasing was yourself. You're trying to find the "real you", the person you were meant to be or your "calling in life".  

Things go dark because you're afraid you're going to run out of time and not find it.

The person behind you with no face represents your life.  You were bound by it, meaning you somehow feel stuck in your life.

The good news is that in real life you can cut loose of the bindings and catch that other you.  You write very well, telling me you're quite intelligent.  

What's going on in your life to make you feel stuck? Are you not making progress in school or a job?  Or maybe in your social life?  Are you undecided in what you want to do in a career or other situation? Are your parents pressuring you to go into something you may not think you want?

This is very interesting to me, and I'd like to hear more from you.

Deb

korean_kamikaze

Post by korean_kamikaze » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Wow...... when you put it that way it makes a bunch of sense! Because both then, now, and probably in the past and future I have always had some sort of trouble deciding on things. I try hard to study to try to get into a medical career (even though i'm still in High School -_-' yet I have good grades in Math, and Science) and also i'm trying to improve my artistic skills while trying to think of book plots as well. I like to think of things like that. Anyways, I feel like i'm getting nowhere fast so I try harder and harder to get better. The way you said it seems to fit me perfectly; thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

DebInTx

Recurring Dreams and Continuation Dreams

Post by DebInTx » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:02 am

I'm so glad you got some answers from my response.  You're approaching a crossroad in your life where you have to make major decisions about your career and which education is appropriate.  I can tell you would be good in something using your skills in writing, math and love of science.  If not a Dr., then maybe something in medical research.

If you still feel unable to decide, there are tests you can take at the counseling office of a local college or university.  Tell them you want to take a career assessment to determine your aptitudes for different careers and to tell you which are best suited for you.

I know you will do well !

Deb

Return to “Dream Interpretation”