Just courious...

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

purplepassion08

Just courious...

Post by purplepassion08 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:42 am

How does one go about REMEMBERING their dreams? Seems I tell myself I want to, however be it exhaustion, or stubborn subconscious nature, I cannot seem to remember my dreams... since I'm searching for insight into my life right now, I feel it could be helpful.

Suggestions?
 Thank you.

MagusMagnus

Conscious Recall of Dream Content

Post by MagusMagnus » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:59 am

Keeping a dream journal works well for recall.  The act itself seems to send a strong signal to the unconcious.  Record anything at all about your dream(s) from the night before, no matter how little you might remember.  Even if it is just a feeling, record it.  Or if you have no memories or feelings about your dreams, record your mood upon awakening.  If you feel you need to, just record that you had no dreams for that night.  The important point is that you physically record something that pertains to your dreams when first waking up, even if it is noting that you had no dreams.  And it is critical that you record any dream information as soon as you awaken -- before moving around, talking, thinking, etc.  Hope this helps.

MagusMagnus

purplepassion08

Post by purplepassion08 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 am

Thank you MagusMagnus... from your experience, as I begin to record, will my dreams become more vivid and remembered?

MagusMagnus

Dream Recall

Post by MagusMagnus » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 am

By keeping a dream journal and consistently making entries each morning (not missing any dates), your memories of dream material should increase dramatically.  One can begin with a sentence or two each morning and within 5 or six weeks be writing several pages.
Some frequently have multiple dreams each night.  If you wake up after a dream in the middle of the night, quickly write down what you remember and what kind of feeling that the dream left you with.  Keep your pen and paper at the bedside.

MagusMagnus

purplepassion08

Post by purplepassion08 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:18 am

What if the dreams are in fragments, things you don't recognize?

MagusMagnus

Fragmented Dreams

Post by MagusMagnus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 am

I do not know if an unfragmented dream ever occurs.  Perhaps such dreams do occur.  But just as likely, our memory of a dream is not as complete as it could be, or it could be confusion of dream symbolism and/or dream segments so as to make a dream appear as fragmented.
What I do know is, that if you sustain your intent to recall your dreams and you consistently keep physical records of the content of your dreams, your dream recall will increase.  Also, you will begin to understand the symbols that your unconscious uses in your dreams (by constant review and study of your journal), thereby making your dream content more coherent and comprehensible to your conscious mind -- Your dreams become more meaningful to you.

MagusMagnus

Return to “Dream Interpretation”