Recurring flirting and fighting and the ouroborus

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aiden

Recurring flirting and fighting and the ouroborus

Post by Aiden » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 am

I dont know whats going on but for the past week ive been having dreams that ive been being hit on by random guys and me everytime turning them down saying that i have a man. And these dreams alternate with my argueing with my boyfriend but in one of them we made up. On one of my dreams the guy that was hitting on me was wearing a necklace of the serpent eating its tail and then i was reading a book next to him and it had that picture too.
Does anyone know what this could all mean?

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 am

Aiden

To me this dream speaks of perhaps an attraction to other men which you are repressing because you already have a boyfriend.

Are you trying to deny that you are attracted to other men because you have a boyfriend?

Here I find the ouroborus symbol interesting.  It can symbolise death and birth (perhaps relationships ending and beginning) but what I am sensing is that it is a symbol of your true self.  The book with the ouroborus in it would be a symbol of knowledge of your true self.

Perhaps examining the types of men that you are attracted to will reveal insights into your true nature.

What I was alluding to early about denying attraction.  If you pretend that you aren't attracted to men asides from you boyfriend can result in a psychological complex.  What is important is to acknowledge that you are attracted to other men, but know that it is merely a physical attraction based on unconscious attraction.  What is important is to acknowledge and resist the temptation that goes with it.

Cheers,
Rook

CarolynAlt

Post by CarolynAlt » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:39 pm

Your dream signifies entanglement between opposing views.  You may need to voice your opinions more, be more assertive in your decision making.

Carolyn

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Hello Aiden,  :)

If one could view dreams of repeatedly flirting with someone other than your partner as being unfaithful to them, I would tend to interpret this as possibly meaning that you are not getting some of your own equally important needs met within your current relationship, and believe rightly or wrongly that the grass is always greener in a relationship with someone else (which is not necessarily always true).

Usually dreams of being unfaithful to your partner are thought to be a sign that you may be feeling as though you are not lovable enough for them to want to stay with and show their affections for you in an acceptable manner (acceptable to you that is).

So in a strange sort of way (don't blame me as I did not design your human mind) in your dream you are symbolically getting revenge on your partner for them not showing enough love towards you for your liking 24/7, by leaving them instead for someone else before they can get in first. You want to make your boyfriend feel jealous.

Twisted logic does not make much sense to anybody, other than perhaps to our dreaming selves? :smt017

Love and Light,

eye_of_tiger  :smt015

Return to “Dream Interpretation”