Dream of quitting my job

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sumbum

Dream of quitting my job

Post by sumbum » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:30 pm

I had a dream last night that I quit my job, yelled at my manager and just left. I don't know what this means or why I quit my job. Someone let me know?

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 am

Hi Sumbum

Do you remember any more details of the dream?  Anything, no matter how small it might seem may make a difference.

Based on what you have said it could be a variety of different things.

First it could be a reflection of your anger towards your job, and a desire to quit your job.  Perhaps you are feeling like yelling at your manager (a common feeling I think hehe) but restrain yourself, this may be vented from your psyche in your dreams.

On top of that dreams can be compensatory.  If we get too much of something it may be balanced in your dreamworld.  So, if this is the case and you really really love your boss and your job, which is totally awesome, the dream might be compensating for this out of the ordinary awesomeness...

Or it could be symbollic.  If that is the case it could be your own dissatisfaction with your own management abilities, and giving up on a project or perhaps some creative pursuit that has become the 'job' of yourself.  Perhaps domestic duties?  Perhaps emotional detachment even.  Hard to tell without more symbols, but you maybe able to identify whatever it is in your life.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”