plz interpret these dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

plz interpret these dreams

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:49 am

someone plz help.  :smt009

It is not that I dream often. but two dreams occur to me time and again with slight variations of locations and color and sound effects.

the first one. The dreams start with the roars of the huge and giant waves that have engulfed everything except the tip of the mountain from where I am hanging with the last efforts of mine. the dream ends right when the giant wave has risen high over me and is ready to dash. :smt021

the second one. this may appear quite funny. I find i've been to a house where a member has died. Things look like as it should do. I play my role as i should do. the surprising thing is that at some point of time i discover that the person who has died is me. what is most surprising is that everybody sees me moving around and doing things while they can also see that the person who has died is me; but none is surprised. and things go on as if everything is okay. interestingly, i do not  wake up from sleep during or after this dream. this dream ends sometime in sleep itself.        :smt015

Can anyone help me understand what these dreams signify? :smt011

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Confused

Water is usually a symbol related to either emotion or the unconscious.  Looking at the wave dream from the point of view that it is related to the unconscious I would suggest that you are possibly a very focused person or a very forgetful person.  The mountain is a similar symbol to the 'tip of the iceburg' that is not being washed away, the area surrounding you.

Alternatively it could be related to some sort of drastic change in your life, similar metaphorically to the biblical story of Noah where everything is being wiped out to start over anew.  This actually links in with your second dream where some part of you is dead, that is what the dead member is.  It is a part of you that has ended.  You are still of course going on living, which is why you are both alive and dead in the dream.  I am not sure what part of your life has died lately, only you (or maybe someone with more experience) will be able to tell you what that aspect is.  The dream may be telling you that despite this death / change in your life, things go on 'as if everything is okay'.  Despite this death, everything is going to be okay.  The dead part could be almost anything.  Your school life, a change in job, no longer playing a sport / pursuing a hobby.  Usually the other symbols in the dream may point towards what this aspect is.

Emotionally the symbol would speak of strong surges / waves of emotion.  If it is pointing to emotional content I don't think it is something like depression, where it is constant, but something that is perhaps either building up, or comes in 'waves' metaphorically, perhaps stimulated by events, or thoughts welling up emotion that passes into calm only to build up again.  Capiche?  I think the fact that the dream ends when the big wave is about to hit could be saying the biggest hasn't come yet.  You anticipate the worst and are 'batoning down the hatches' sort of but you don't have any hatches to baton, just a mountain to cling to, but its the sensation of bracing that I am trying to get across.

Does that make any sense?  If any of this is right it should 'click'.  Otherwise you will think 'nah' which is perfectly valid.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Rook, :smt006

Thanks for the interpretations you have attempted. I think you are almost perfect with the interpretation of my dream of taking care of my own deadbody. I'm really going through phases that are not so bad. in fact, they are excellent, considering the experiences I've had in last few years. your interpretations of the waves in this relevance seem to be right. :smt038

so far as the emotion part is concerned, can the huge turbulant waves stand for emotions?  :smt012 however strong they may be, I've always maintained them with mid-sea placidity, with only a few occasional outbursts.  

anywayz, thanks for your reply.  :)

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 am

I was just throwing a few different paths out there as possibilities for you to check.  Since the relevance of the emotional interpretation doesn't fit, I don't think that is the direction the dream is going.

It sounds like it is addressing those changes in your life.

Best wishes Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”