Teeth falling out? 0_0

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

DivaS

Teeth falling out? 0_0

Post by DivaS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:19 am

Last night I dreamed that I was in my home and was getting ready to go out somewhere when my teeth started falling out, first one by one, then in groups of two or three. To say the least I was not happy at all about the situation as I held all of my fallen teeth in a pile in my hands. That was when the dream ended.

Strangely, in the past 12 months I have probably had this dream 2-3 other times and always have woken up being unsure if the whole experience was real or if it was a dream (my dreams are very vivid).

Does anyone have any ideas about what this could mean?

I would really appreciate any help offered.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

A tooth dream! It is a very common dream theme - teeth falling out, the dreamer trying to at least save them, hold on to them, and huge emotions of embarrassment, helplesness and panic.

Teeth are part of our appearance. One of the worst things that can happen to us, is to have a tooth fall out. I had a friend once who had to save money for the dentist in order to get a replacement tooth for the front one that he lost, and he started to speak with his head down, hand in front of his mouth, etc. We feel deeply ashamed if our teeth aren't neatly in a row, discoulored, or are knocked out by some accident.

It might have slightly different nuance interpretation these teeth-falling-out dreams, but your is imo definitely appearance related, because they start to fall out when you want to leave to go out (party, pub, meet friends at the mall). Going out is a big part of our social life and endeavour to be socially accepted, to be attractive not just to the other sex (or same sex), but also to other interesting people we might want to get to know for friendship reasons.

There seems to be no bigger nightmare that at the time we want to appear at our best, we suddenly lose our teeth. So, this dream is about your fears and anxiety of not measuring up to what you think your social world expects of you. And as you start to fear it or start to feel embarassed, you do start to lose appeal, and you fear it even more, feeling helpless, your fear of your appearance spiraling out of control.

TO have had this dream 3 times now the past year, suggests there have been several incidents in your social waking life that left you thinking less of yourself, embarassing situations.

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:15 am

I've had dreams like that and yes it does feel feel more real than most dreams. Usually I aste them lose or falling out in my mouth, I always wake up worried something is wrong with my teeth. I've heard it's one of the most common dreams since the beginning of recorded history since teeth are connected strongly with survival.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”