dream of snakes

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

dream of snakes

Post by ConfusedMind » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:36 am

I dream snakes a lot. all kinds of serpants, with weird hoods hissing and trying to bite. any interpretation?

sabbath siren

Post by sabbath siren » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

in your waking life, how do you feel about snakes?  do they bother you?  are you scared of them?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 pm

it is not that i think of snakes much. but whenever the idea of snakes occur to me i can vision a terrific looking hooded snake hissing and spitting venom. i rather prefer appreciating the beauty rather than getting afraid of it.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 pm

A hissing or biting snake seems to me a signal of a threat, and a real threat you may be fearing. Animals, including humans do not learn to fear snakes, but are fearful of them instinctively, because you might not get a second chance when you encounter one. If it wasn"t hissing or biting it might mean something else, but in it's most fearful form, I would take it as as literal as snake symbols come: something either to fear because it's a real threat, or something you fear that might ruin your life. The hood tells me it's a as of yet hidden, disguised threat.

sabbath siren

Post by sabbath siren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:46 am

sweetsunray, I like your angle :)  Actually a relative of mine passed from a snake bite while hanging out the washing.  She never saw it coming, she was respectful and mindful of them but not especially fearful - she simply stood on the snake and so, of course, it bit her.  If it's fair to say that most people in their right mind, upon seeing a venomous snake, would take a detour around or away from it then, it seems equally fair to say that a person probably won't ever see a snake-bite coming.  They will simply do the equivalent of putting a foot down on top of one at some unremarkable moment.
That chain of thinking makes me want to ask, CuriousMind, whether you are an organizer/over-thinker type of person...  Or, is there some particular eventuality that you are determined to out-smart or control...  Perhaps you have felt the need to shoulder the responsibility for the well-being or safety of another person or, even an object of some kind...?
If you think that describes some aspect of your life, then, I have a theory...

Zetascair20086

Post by Zetascair20086 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:24 am

Well Sigmund Freud would probably interpret this dream in a sexual context. The Native Americans on the other hand might say the snake is your guardian spirit or totem spirit. I'm not sure what it represents though. In the bible the snake had forbidden knowledge so perhaps it symbolizes that, since you did not view the snake in a negative context.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”