You Are My Sunshine

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

muffinDuh

You Are My Sunshine

Post by muffinDuh » Wed May 26, 2010 3:34 am

I had one of the creepiest dreams in my life that I decided to incorporate it into a story I am writing.

I was standing with someone on the side of a road. A cop ordered everyone to pull their cars on the shoulder for inspection. Next thing I realized, my partner and I are in our car trying to get away. As we're driving, we swerve to avoid an oncoming police car. The effect made the police smash into a parked car. Then, the police, who did the inspection, hopped in his car and drove head on. While driving, he pointed his finger as if commanding us to stop.

Suddenly, my partner swerved and we flipped into a wheat field. As we flipped, I had a flashback. I saw a child with a large gash on their left cheek. Taped on the wall behind them, were nude Polaroids of them. Then, a hand stretched out and caressed their cheek. While this was happening, I could hear someone humming "You Are My Sunshine."

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Wow

I had a very similar dream about a week before this, with a burnt polaroid of a child with a 'chiselled cheek' as in someone had chiselled off a portion of their cheek, and very much the nude polaroid feel as there were other photos of this sort of thing.

The way I interpreted this was the polaroids representing memories.  The fact that they had been attempted to be burnt was related to my attempt to get rid of these memories from my mind (which doesn't work, hence they are not properly burnt).  To me it all relates to my repressed childhood 'painful' memories.  I certainly was never tortured btw.

Anyhow in your dream it sounds like you are running from some form of authority, be it parental, social, or personal/psychological (own inner authority).  This running is causing additional problems not just for you but for others (police car crashing + your car crashing).  It involves your relationship with your partner as well.  Have you had problems lately?  As your car rolling over and crashing could be significant of an end / large changes.

I would say the flashback is referring to the cause of this running, the current situation, and it is linked to some behaivour set in motion by a painful childhood experience / memory.

Does that make any sense?

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”