Neat dream about a tree.

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

SaturninLibra

Neat dream about a tree.

Post by SaturninLibra » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:28 pm

I had a neat dream last night about a tree.   I think its pretty self explanatory but I would like other insights.    I had a dream that I saw this gorgeous massive lively tree.    With my eyes I had the power to cut the limbs off.   In my dream even I second guessed my powers.   Then suddenly I saw the tree limbs unfold into a bridge.
When I think of trees I think growth and limbs I think reaching out.  Perhaps I am not reaching out to something.    Bridge means a new pathway.   But in my dream book all I get is negative meanings associated with bridges, like false hopes and dissapointments.    So is this dream telling me to build a new pathway to something?

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Saturnia,
While dream dictionaries have some value in being able to find the meanings of symbols, they are not the be all and end all of dream interpretation.  Many symbols have different meanings to different people for an infinity of reasons.. eg many symbolism a snake, to some an ominous meaning to others a representation of creation.... a tree, for reasons Ill get at later
Your evaluation of potential meanings is in fact the most reliable tool. How you feel in a dream and in recalling of a dream is essential.
I also don't know how all the books could be so negative regarding bridges like you I get new paths, and choices, transitions and changes. The state of the bridge has significance, as also how you feel about it.

Im taking tree and the fact that your eyes have the ability to change the shape of the tree.. ( the tree of life  ) . some dictionaries give different meanings according to tree type, these vary from mortality and attitude to death to longevity to wisdom to joy..lol. its basically never ending..
BUT here to you , the tree is a tree, the things the tree represents are you in your life.
I find it quite a positive indication of your sense of self that you are aware that you have the power to shape this tree.. dont worry about that hint of self doubt.. that's just human. I am sure this self doubt ( that you are in control of your life ) is something you will get on top of.
Now your life is presenting you with a bridge..the transition meaning for bridge comes in quite dearly here in that the tree unfolded to present you with the opportunity, or choices.
Here I see another very positive reflection of you and your attitude, you knew that the negative meanings of a bridge you were reading were wrong, or diddle fit with you ! :)
Have faith in yourself and the choices you have made/ are about to make are the right ones.. you really do have control over the shape of your life, the choices you make are your own, the path you choose is your own, and will the the right one for you.

SaturninLibra

Post by SaturninLibra » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:15 pm

oh thanks for your interpretation.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”