Dreams of incest...

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

SaturninLibra

Dreams of incest...

Post by SaturninLibra » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Anyone know what does it generally mean to dream of incest.   I have been having incestual dreams on and off for years, as long as I can remember.   Its usually with my brothers and one recently with my father.

nyx

Post by nyx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

you're not alone, I too have had dreams like that.....sorry I can't give any insight as to what they mean....but you're not alone hon....

"To dream of incestuous practices, signifies erotic desires. It may also be representative of the union between masculine and feminine aspects of yourself. You are at a phase in your life where you are not quite a child and not quite an adult, and thus this dream may be symbolic of the merging of the child and adult within yourself. Alternatively, if you have been arguing with this family member and are expressing your desire to make up, then the dream may be trying to depict forgiveness in an extreme way. Or perhaps you are in a relationship with someone who reminds you of your own father, mother or other family member." - http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/i.htm

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Sexual dreams in adults are not as common as most believe and typically symbolize inner conflict.

Dreaming of incest with brothers or sisters may symbolize a merging of the masculine and feminine aspects of the dreamer. Carl Jung  termed these aspects the anima (female) and animus (male). He believed that we all have opposite gender aspects within our personalities and that to recognize and accept this promotes mental and emotional balance.

you can not rule out the possibility of abuse as a child  or the possibility that abuse is taking place with someone you know .....

Return to “Dream Interpretation”