Dreamland

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

karlar

Dreamland

Post by karlar » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:09 am

okay this is difficult to articulate, so bear with me...

I visit the same "world" in my dreams over and over again.  It's not even like a sense of deja vu, sometimes when i wake up and i'm thinking about a dream i had in this "place" i'll remember past dreams that occurred there and think, 'oh yeah! last time i was there, this and this and this happened.  i hadn't remembered that dream until now!'

Anyway, I'm so intimately familiar with this place (the town i live in in my dreams, for example) that i know the people who live there and their histories.  I know when to watch my step because the sidewalk is cracked, i know what shortcuts to take.  Of course, the place in my dreams, although it may have an equivalent setting in real life--the town where i live for example again--is dramatically and fundamentally different from the same place in the real world.  You know, like how you dream of your house or your work, but it's not really your house or your work.  It's all different.  Things there are almost always 'darker' and more mysterious.  (It IS a dream of course, so this makes sense.)

Occassionally in this dream world i'll visit a metro area.  (I live in a rural area and most of the dreams i have in this dreamland are set in the place where i live, but not always.) The metro areas are always invariably "hypermetro" with an almost mildly futuristic feel.  My dreamland Kansas City, for example, makes NYC look quaint.  

I've visited these same places over and over and over again since childhood.  (I'm 33.)  Does anyone else have similar experiences or know what this means?  I've shared this with several people and they have no point of reference for this at all.  

I hope this makes sense.  Like I said earlier, it's difficult to fully explain.

Gypsybelle

Post by Gypsybelle » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:48 pm

'Ello.

I read your post and I have to admit, it's damn interesting. :P I wish I could dream of a dreamworld and visit it regularly all the time. But anyway, no one's posted a reply to this yet and I don't see why not. I think I have an idea of what this 'place' is. You see, I'm pretty open minded to things, and I'm thinking, maybe this dreamworld of yours is actually another demention you're visiting.

Some people think dreams are just subconscious thoughts acting randomly, and others think they mean things. I believe in both ways of seeing it, but I also think there may be MORE to dreams then we may know. Like, maybe you're visiting another demention in your dream, of the world. It's like a whole different reality of...well, our current reality. You see? That's my theory on it anyways. Oh, and everything you wrote made sense to me, LOL. ^^

Hope I helped in some way or another...

~With Love, Gypsybelle~

karlar

Post by karlar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Thanks, Gypsybelle!  I appreciate your support!  

It IS kind of interesting. And even more so since often when I wake and remember a dream I had there it brings back more memories of past experiences there that I either hadn't recollected to begin with or had forgotten.  

Perhaps you're right and it is an alternate dimension!!  I was hoping about 50 people would post here and say, 'oh, yeah, that happens to me too,' but I guess that's not going to happen.  :smt002

cherryoh

Post by cherryoh » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:06 am

I just read your post and I'd like to share my experience... I often dream of a place that doesn't really exist.  The dream always changes and the people are never the same, but everything else, geographically stays from dream to dream.  I either meet someone or just go in to this big white house at the crook of a river.  the river leads away to another city... this city is huge, often in my dreams i think that vegas has nothing on this place... it's filled with lights and all the regular city stuff... sometimes i go to the city or sometimes i hang out at the white house with people i've met.... nothin really eventful has happened, it's just sort of a comforting familiar place...

Return to “Dream Interpretation”