Dream of pythons/snakes

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kavyan

Dream of pythons/snakes

Post by kavyan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:33 am

Hi,

am hoping somebody could help me out here.

i had a dream this morning that is kinda weird, and details kinda fuzzy here and there, but the essentials still remain, i guess *shrugs*

i dreamt that i was keeping a python, probably burmese - they have like black-greenish markings/skin(?) ... in my dream, i knew my family was clearly unhappy about it but they did not say it aloud. and the question came about how to keep it, like in a cage or a glass container.

Now, in my dream, they python was already an adult (not to mention huge and could eat me!) and i was clearly opposed to keeping it in a glass container. i argued for a steel/wire(?) cage that had alot of space for it to rest. my family, especially my mum, (i think) did not like that idea. and then all of a sudden they wanted to keep an anaconda (i dunno where this twist came from, in my dream self i knew anacondas were lot more dangerous than a python!) and they wanted to keep the anaconda and python TOGETHER. i was so upset by it, i had a feeling that my python would be eaten by the anaconda. and that's when i woke up. weird isn't it?

i'm asking for help about this dream as this is the second time i have dreamt about keeping a snake, and in that previous dream, my family also was opposed to me having it. i think i should also add that personally, in reality, i am scared of snakes and i DON'T want to keep a snake as a pet. so why am i dreaming of keeping one?

am quite confused, and i think there's an important message somewhere in my dream ...

thanks!
kav

jeffmechler

Post by jeffmechler » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:06 pm

All that I know of about snakes in a dream is that it speaks of your wisdom and ability to change.

The snake possesses the means of shedding its skin "to grow".  This is signifigant of one's ability to grow and shedding one's skin is to take on new ideas, concepts or simply let go of things once held on to.

Hope this helps!

starmoon

Post by starmoon » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Conflicting choices about a relationship/s or even marriage.

Don't make a rush decision that you could regret later.

All of the clues are in the dream, your family reaction, desires, opposition, etc.
Also you need to pay attention to your feelings in the dream, since you are scared of snakes.Image

Lady Scarlet

Post by Lady Scarlet » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:01 pm

i've always heard that dreaming of snakes involves some kind of sexual desire or lust, but everyone else's interpretations make a little more sense.

Sandy

The snakes:

Post by Sandy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:38 am

As jeffmechler wrote, trus its your ability to change...
Its also the sign used for medicine/medical   The bracelets for people who have deadly allergies have that sign... All depending of your dreams circomstances, the positive meaning is a very good health and vice versa...
Looked it up cause I had one of those recently...

xsandyx

Return to “Dream Interpretation”