Recurring Dreams about snakes

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

RBNLOVESPOH

Recurring Dreams about snakes

Post by RBNLOVESPOH » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:24 pm

Hello,
I am new to the boards. :smt006  Been a member for awhile but this is my first question.

I keep having recurring dreams at least 3-4 times a week about large snakes. I am deathly scared of any kind of snake as well. In the dream not matter what it starts out about it always ends up with a large snake chasing me and sometimes it almost gets me but before it does I wake up screaming. Can anyone please help me with this as to the meaning and why always the dreams seem to end the same way almost always.

Thanks in advance for your help.

rbnlovespoh :smt006  :)

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:01 pm

You are sure it has nothing to do with the obvious sexual connotations? Because that's my first impression.

tengypsies

Dreams of Snakes

Post by tengypsies » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:31 am

When I read tarot cards and saw snakes on them...I found that it dealt with enemies.   Dreams of snakes reveal aggressive behavior of others who look to take advantage of your innocence.  Hope this helps.

Brightest Blessings,

Gypsy
:smt009

cc

Post by cc » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:53 am

Snakes can be what thoughts poison the mind.

They can be kundalini awakening.

Snakes can represent many things sometimes the phallus or the masculine aspects of the mind.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm

Kundalini - never thought of that, what a brilliant concept.
No-one has all the answers and every now and again someone stops you dead in your tracks, well done I'm stopped.

cc

Post by cc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:40 am

I understand. :smt067  :smt067

Toothlesscrone

Post by Toothlesscrone » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 pm

Snakes could symbolise major changes taking place within you and in your life.

Between 1985-2001 I had so many snake dreams I quit counting. In some they terrified me, in some they mesmerised me with their eyes, one snake had turquoise+purple eyes. After meditation, talking with people and research online and offline, snakes symbolise rebirth - the shedding of the skin is symbolic of a new life and in that period I changed so much as a person, also the spiritual awakening as my psychic abilities grew. Another key point is to understand how you feel during the dream, if the snake scared you, maybe you are afraid of change at some level. Examine your fears and realise that change is constant.

Among Hindus snake dreams are very auspicious as Shiva has a snake, and is also symbolic of destruction of the old and the establishment of a new order.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”