Can anyone read in their dreams??

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vishwas
Site Admin

Can anyone read in their dreams??

Post by Vishwas » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:20 pm

For the past 2 - 3 months.. almost everyday I am getting a dream, where I can read stuff. I always thought u can't read stuff in dreams.

But I can. & all the time it is online, & sometimes by someone whom I know only online or someone who has seen me only online, never in real life. But many times it is like from a total stranger, they have written something to me or about me.

It always looks like a good post, nothing bad in it till now, most of the time it is like something very good is about to happen (though I can't remember those dreams or what I read in them). It was mainly on posts or pm's on this site, & few of them were emails too. Some where in different sites too, though I don't remember which sites they were now.

& this dream is always in the morning, u can say atleast 30 mins before I wake up, I just wake up a bit & that is when I get these dreams.

But I have still now, never got a chance to actually fully read what I saw in my dreams, I always wake up or am woken up before I get to the main points in that 'article'.

Anyone can tell me what it means??

And more importantly, can ppl read anything clearly in their dreams??

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:41 pm

This is something new to me also...
I've been having dreams and keep having the same one until I find out what's really going on.. They come true... I can do alot, but this is all new to me.. And when I figure out one dream I go to the next... Infact a lady posted about "STD" I had a dream almost like her's but I was covered with blood on my leg... Creepy, But There was more to it. I just rather not go into it right now....

Vish, I don't know~??  :smt017  LOL
Ñícolé

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:05 am

LOL nicole, thanx for replying. No problemo, I think someone else knows more about it, especially reading my crazy dreams are I think a nightmare for others.

Hope you don't get any bad dreams & hope u are fine.

Devil's Storm

Post by Devil's Storm » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:24 am

I have been able to read sometimes in my dreams, though it has been something like a signpost or headline.  So I am unsure rather I "know" or actually reading it.

Tish

Post by Tish » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:59 am

:smt006  The only time I can remember reading something in a dream was years ago. I dreamt that someone showed me a poem they had written; it was something like 20 lines long or so, and it was very cleverly written in that, by removing the last word on each line, the meaning of the poem was reversed.

I was so impressed with it, I was delighted! For a while I kept trying to recall it, but I just couldn't.  I wish I could read it again!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:27 pm

Even today had a dream about reading, just that had many names in it, especially Nicole & Samson, & couple of others which I don't want to name here. & Loads of stuff & not to forget I even read the site MysticBoard.com & stuff.. etc etc.

Tish

Post by Tish » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:37 pm

:smt002  I think it is simply because you are doing a lot of your current communicating with people via computer, so you are reading responses rather than hearing them from those you are interacting with. You are just doing the same in your dreams.

Saldaba6

Post by Saldaba6 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:19 am

Not only have I read in dreams, I have been in libraries and bookstores with thousands of books. Reading in dreams indicates knowledge, either knowing something to teach or finding something out from another. Hope this helps.
Breathe in the air, don't be afraid to care...... Look around, choose your own ground. - Pink Floyd

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:18 pm

Devil's Storm wrote:I have been able to read sometimes in my dreams, though it has been something like a signpost or headline.  So I am unsure rather I "know" or actually reading it.
I've read signs as well, often for places I haven't been to.  Elevator buttons with the numbers of the floor I know I've read, and remember the numbets on the LED panel going up and up and up (it was an unpleasant elevator ride in that dream).  Also, I remember, in another dream, reading some ancient language.  I can't tell you what the language was but in the dream I was reading it.  I think it was some a label on a jar or something.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:33 pm

Saldaba6 wrote:Not only have I read in dreams, I have been in libraries and bookstores with thousands of books. Reading in dreams indicates knowledge, either knowing something to teach or finding something out from another. Hope this helps.
Thanx for the info, it is like almost everyother day I have a dream or dreams of reading loads of stuff, but mostly online not offline.

Deborah

I can

Post by Deborah » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:46 pm

I have read in my dreams .....I have seen signs that tell me where to go .........

I even posted one one here .............latter to find it was the India/ Paki earthquake

kat_starwolf

Reading in Our Dreams? Interesting question

Post by kat_starwolf » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:11 am

Hello All,

I'm new here, but not to dream interpretation.  I am an astrologer and therapist and have been studying various aspects of metaphysics including dream interpretation most of my life.  The first dream I can remember occurred when I was 5.  Since then I've interpreted my and others' dreams.

I've never seen anything pertaining to reading in dreams in dream dictionaries.  Partially, this is because I tend to stay away from them (dream dictionaries) for the most part (although I DO have one and use it occasionally, as a form of comparison), because I believe that the true interpretation of a dream and dream symbology can only be defined by the dreamer.   Different symbols mean different things to different people.

For instance, I am an avid and voracious reader.  I have had numerous dreams in which I not only saw myself reading in the dream, but I was in a library -- MY library -- which was filled with books, scrolls and various types of ancient parchments.

However, as for my interpretation of reading while dreaming:  first of all you need to define what reading means to you.  Are you gathering information when you read?  Or could it be that you're being 'read' by someone else?  or that you're 'read'ing someone else?  If I were interpreting my own dreams, reading would more than likely have pretty much the same meaning from one dream to the next.  I see books or anything from which information can be read as a source of knowledge; therefore, I am learning when I read.  So, to see myself reading in a dream means that I am gathering knowledge and learning to understand.

This may not be the definition you're looking for, however.  Yet, because we are all motivated by different desires and needs, our dreams and the symbology within those dreams will more than likely be tailored to fit our conception and perception of our own realities.  

Blessings,

Kat Starwolf
Starwolf Astrology Services

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:51 am

In my dreams I usually am reading about someone. Since I am online most of the time on this site, (being Site admin, requiers me to be here as much as possible), reading is also a form of communication to me. I type what I want to here & I other ppl reply here, or other ppl ask & I reply, etc, etc,. So I end up reading the entire forum around 4 to 5 times daily. So reading is a form of communication also to me.

Most of the time in the dreams, when I am reading something, it is usually reading something about a person or about some event or problem on this site (yeah I see this site in my dreams too, don't kill me samson), or on by email or by messenger. I am always reading what a person has typed & if it is on the messenger, I have replied to them on the messenger sorta like having a discussion like we do on the messengers.

Sometimes I see other websites, same stuff there too, some times I read a book or newspaper or a magazine, sometimes I have even read banners & signs (even road signs).

As I said in the dreams it is usually about some person, & an event  that has happened to them or something like that. I am not able to explain properly today, but I can say this, most of the time I read something it used to make the THE ME-IN-THE-DREAM to get kinda worried & stressed out & I am hurrying to do something or reply back.. this goes on for sometime & just when I start to feel that this is completelyout of my hands I wake up.

kat_starwolf

Reading in Dreams

Post by kat_starwolf » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:46 am

One reason for this may not be as mystical as you might think.   It's possible that you're having this recurring dream or at least having dreams in which you are always reading something because that's what you do in your waking life.  It's such a repetitious activity that it becomes ingrained.  We often tend to dream about things like that for that very reason.  

BUT, I'm not so sure that that's what it means.  First, this is a metaphysical site.  That's what we do here, is have Visions and Dream Dreams.  Most of us see, hear and feel things most others can't see.  

If you're helping to run this site you're a scribe of sorts, helping also to disseminate knowledge through written communication.  Apparently you're learning something from your reading that is agitating and you feel needs to be shared as soon as possible.

What other dreams are you having?  Do you ever have dreams about natural disasters? UFOs? Anything...catastrophic?  Prophetic?

The fact that the dream recurs at the same time every morning, is interesting.  Dreams normally happen anytime during the course of sleep.  Some people get to the REM stage of sleep (in which we dream) quicker than others, but it can still happen several times a night.  Especially depending on how often we wake up during sleep. The fact that it is recurring at the same time each day is indicative, to me, of something else.

Have you ever had a CEIV?  If you don't know what that is, then chances are it's never happened to you.  Generally, most people who've had those experiences want to read anything and everything they can get their hands on that pertains to it in order to understand what may have happened to them.

Based on what you've written here, I would have to say that chances are this dream has something to do with some sort of prophecy or even your prophesying.  You said that you get "worried and stressed out and hurrying to do something or reply back."  Then the dream ends because you wake up just before you can discover what's it is that you're trying to read.  

My suggestion would be to try to finish the dream.  Tell yourself before you go to sleep each night that you will finish the dream.  Even if it doesn't happen right away, it will more than likely happen soon.  Usually, once you get past your subconscious it will allow you to remember what you need to remember.

Many Blessings,
Kat

==============================================
For the past 2 - 3 months.. almost everyday I am getting a dream, where I can read stuff. I always thought u can't read stuff in dreams.

But I can. & all the time it is online, & sometimes by someone whom I know only online or someone who has seen me only online, never in real life. But many times it is like from a total stranger, they have written something to me or about me.

It always looks like a good post, nothing bad in it till now, most of the time it is like something very good is about to happen (though I can't remember those dreams or what I read in them). It was mainly on posts or pm's on this site, & few of them were emails too. Some where in different sites too, though I don't remember which sites they were now.

& this dream is always in the morning, u can say atleast 30 mins before I wake up, I just wake up a bit & that is when I get these dreams.

But I have still now, never got a chance to actually fully read what I saw in my dreams, I always wake up or am woken up before I get to the main points in that 'article'.

Anyone can tell me what it means??

And more importantly, can ppl read anything clearly in their dreams??
“To live in the present and ultimately the future, one must discontinue the effort to fix the past. Yet, in order to live in the present, one must understand the past in order to move beyond it.” ~ Kat Starwolf

Vishwas
Site Admin

Re: Reading in Dreams

Post by Vishwas » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:28 pm

No I didn't thinki it was mystical, just that it happened for some reason, & was interested to know what it was. But if it was just the forum I would have kinda agreed, but it has few other sites too & loads of ppl speaking on IM. But 1 thing I have noticed with these dreams is when I wake up, I have a feeling that I am wearing my glasses to read, I wear reading glasses but don't use it always, so feeling that when I wake up is kinda strange for me.

My dreams are always kinda crazy, u can read about my 2 other ones here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... php?t=7649 & http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=19050 . I have had many other dreams but I haven't written down any, except these 3 here. Some dreams have lots of violence, or lots of talking, some dreams even have strange animals.

Well I don't know what is a CEIV, but since English isn't my first language I am still not able to express what I feel clearly here, & don't know many of these psyschic & occult stuff still. So it would be helpful if u can explain what is a CEIV (maybe in a different post, so everyone can read it) so that I get to know it.

I will try your suggesstion. It may help me get to remember them or finish them in the first place.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”