Somehow this bothers me.....

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

aelis2004

Somehow this bothers me.....

Post by aelis2004 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:39 pm

On Oct. 13 last year, one of my aunts in Italy suddenly died. She had just finished tidying up the kitchen after lunch when she collapsed to the floor. They certified her death when she arrived at the hospital. At the time it happened I was not there as I live in Spain, nor did I manage to go to her funeral for health reasons, but my father -her brother- went. OK, so this is nothing strange up to now. Some time later, I started to dream with her, I dreamt her at least 3 times I clearly remember and a few more of which I remember bits and pieces. The strange thing is that I imagine myself to be with both my aunts, the dead one and the alive one, doing things with them, but being fully conscious and aware at the very time of dreaming that this is totally impossible because we all know she is dead. Apart from that, dreams are normal and enjoyable, just as it was good to be together in life.
Can anyone explain me why I dream with her like that - doing very real things together like going for a walk, having a good conversation, shopping or whatever and feeling it as it were really happening now, with the consciousness that she is dead.... This goes beyond me, it really puzzles me :smt017
I even came to suspect these very lucid dreams (and I am a great lucid dreamer) might have actually been OOBEs...
I don't really know what to believe.....
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Salsalady

Your dream

Post by Salsalady » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:01 pm

My grandfather used to tell me that the most common sort of dream is the "wish" dream. Pehaps you wish your aunt were still around, so you could do things with her (and her sister), and your dream enables you to fulfill this "wish" somehow.

Also, if the death was sort of unexpected, perhaps you're still processing the fact of her departure.

I hope this helps!

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:18 pm

I certainly wish she was still around.... we left so many things "pending".... she never saw my current home office for example. I would have loved if she had been able to visit us! And we used to go to the mountains the three of us and have long summer walks near the snowline... O didn't I miss all this! I was glad I had a very long phone conversation with her soemthing like 6-8 weeks before she died. But indeed I do miss her a lot! :smt010

Yes, I think you are probably right, thank you! :)

shailendra_deshpande

Your Aunt Dream

Post by shailendra_deshpande » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:20 am

Dear Friend,

Seeing your aunt dead and as well as live form means you are getting her characteristics at subconscious level. nothing to fear about. Live form means as you predicted she hadn't seen your office or other things she wished to see before death, but dead from means you are becoming more like her (plz, don' considered as you are going to die, plz, plz,. OK).

Have a nice dream.
S M Deshpande

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:31 am

Thank you, sahilendra! That's nice to know! She was a Sagittarius like me, our birthdays were only 6 days apart... So, there was a lot of common ground already.... :)

Salsalady

Aunt Dream

Post by Salsalady » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Aelis,

Maybe you can "have a meal" with your aunt sometime. I have known people who do this with people who've departed.

You set an extra plate (you don't need to put food on it), but you sort of share the experience with them, in this case, your aunt. You could talk out loud to her or just remember her as you eat. A good time to do this might be Nov. 2 (Day of the Dead) or even earlier, if you feel the inclination. : )

div_tan

Post by div_tan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 pm

This is something my friend told me, when we give up ego( which will take a long time) we can actually conversate with the people in the dream as we do when we are conscious.

it means we become conscious in the spirit world or absolute world also, I am doing some thinking on this and perhaps feel that you are in middle of the process of dissolving ego, so some of dreams are mixed up, but the good thing is you are on your spiritual journey and in the process of dissolving your ego. I am telling this because I also fell the same way, dissolving ego is not easy, it takes a long time.

Also it is possible your aunt wants to communicate to you and let you know that she is fine.

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:32 pm

Thank you salsalady and div_tan. I may actually set up a dinner for her on Oct. 13, the first anniversary of her death. :)
Thank you both! I really look forward to dissolving my ego! :smt002

Return to “Dream Interpretation”