Dream About A Former Lover

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tham

Dream About A Former Lover

Post by Tham » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 pm

I was lying down having a short nap at about 12 noon,
just before going to work in the afternoon, two days
ago on Tuesday, 30 January.

I dreamt I was driving down this one-way road, and
there was this car coming towards me from the opposite
direction, obviously not realizing it was one-way only.

The car slowed to a stop facing mine, and I alighted to
talk to the driver, who also got down. The driver was
a female. To my shock, she was my first lover who left
me 19 years ago. She looked very depressed, as if trying
to tell me her current marriage was in ruins, and held
my hand.

Then another car behind her drove up and the driver
also got down. It was her husband. I was about to walk
up to give him a piece of my mind, when I woke up.

I am not sure if this was merely my subconscious telling
me that I still miss her, or if the dream meant anything.

jallious

Post by jallious » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:56 pm

I had a dream about one of mine, too. I think I remember someone saying it meant that it means you current relationship is missing what that one had...don't quote me on that.

pinkslumber

Post by pinkslumber » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Is there something in your waking life now that mirrors how things were between you and your former girlfriend back then?  Sometimes the mind connects emotions from the past with those of the present to help you recognize patterns or deal with things that maybe were pushed aside at one time.  It doesn't necessarily have to be a situation with a love relationship, it could be a work situation, family issue etc. that is causing the same type of feelings (ie, betrayal, jealousy etc.)   Something to consider anyways.....

tiger_74

Post by tiger_74 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi Pinkslumber,

I have had at least a squillion dreams about an ex of mine. It's been so strange because when I dream about him, we are still together and very much in love. We were only together for 2 years and have been separte for 5 years now. At first I saw it as a sign that we should be together and it was fate/destiny etc. But the more I dream (2 this week) about him, the more I realise that I have yet to match that connection that I had with him. The thing is, we broke up because I mothers died within months of each other and neithert of us could cope with the double whammy. I hold his memory so close to my heart because I felt he loved me more than my mother ever could. So he is a kind of benchmark for me to measure my love towards the rest of the world. It's funny we are still friends and have shared with him my dreams about him and how it still makes me feel. I am glad he has been honest with me because I can now move on in my head at least. I am greatful for his friendship because he shows me just how much I have grown out of him. In the meantime all I can do wait for that 'special' someone to make my dreams of love a reality.

Maybe pinkslumber that when you dream of your ex of 19, there is a special connection that your heart longs for. Maybe the reflection you saw of yourself through this lover needs to be expressed again. Maybe it's time to be vulnerable and open up to someone special to you.

NovaSwipe

The dream

Post by NovaSwipe » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:22 am

My theory about your dream is that it is becuase you are worry abot her, her happiness. You still want to be ith her.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”