Hunger in Dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Salsalady

Hunger in Dreams

Post by Salsalady » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:28 pm

Hello!
I've had recurring dreams involving starving animals. One involved 3 malnourished kittens which I had in a carrying cage. I wasn't overly-concerned about their hunger and even was going to leave them to go to work -- until someone expressed concern...then I fed them teeny-tiny food pellets.
Then I dreamed about large wild birds which I helped an expert bird-caregiver to feed. The birds stayed in an enormous, tall cage...so they could still fly around; but they couldn't fly away.
And I had another dreams about very hungry, very small kittens.
What does this mean? Am I emotionally malnourished?
I'd appreciate anyfeedback.

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:31 pm

Starvation dreams are usually connected to emotional/mental needs. Your needs are repressed - cats stand for the femminine side and sexuality. Birds stand for the masculine side, and the fact that they are in a cage also means thay are repressed and long for freedom. The fact that you are feeding both the cats and the birds means you want to balance your ying/yang aspects which are a bit upset now. Birds also signify spiritual search, and birds flying is looking for higher spirituality. You want to harmonized but feel caged, even if this at times does not particularly bother you, but you need to be reminded about it..... :smt003 Do some meditation and energy balancing and you should have better dreams afterwards.... :smt003 :)
Love and Light, :smt008 :smt060
:::Aelis:::

Usui Reiki and Seichim master

Salsalady

Hungry dreams

Post by Salsalady » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Thank you, Aelis, for your insights. They make quite a bit of sense, and the male/female representations of the birds/cats (respectively) was quite interesting. Thanks for the useful interpretation.
But when you encourage me to do energy balancing, I'm not sure what this means. Maybe some yoga?

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:02 am

Yes, some yoga and meditation would help. Also do try the chakra clearing and balancing exercises outlined in this post http://www.MysticBoard.com/viewtopic.php?t=2586
Please do let me know if they help you somehow. :)

Salsalady

E-balancing

Post by Salsalady » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:51 pm

I like the E-balancing with the whirlwind going thru your body. I seem to be able to do this one pretty quickly if I'm concentrating. and it does help. Merci!
-- By the way, I'm reading Isabel Allende's Aphrodite which is turning out to be great for getting in touch w/ my apparently repressed sensual side. Check it out sometime if you enjoy prose. I think you would like it, since you're a poet, too!

shailendra_deshpande

Hunger Dream

Post by shailendra_deshpande » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:24 am

Dear Friend,

Bird also symbolizes that your have repressed some creative talent in you which wants to come out and express. it also menas that you have express your gratitude for help (either by known person or unknown) which you forgot to express.

Have a nice dream.
S M Deshpande

aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:32 am

I am glad you liked the whirlwind exercise - it's one of my favourites! And thanks for pointing out the Allende book. I'll look for it next time I walk into a bookshop! :smt002

Return to “Dream Interpretation”