dreaming of living in run down house's

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sharpenup

dreaming of living in run down house's

Post by sharpenup » Fri May 11, 2007 4:24 am

I often have dreams where I move to a new home with my children only to find that the house's are pretty run down.  The dreams are very vivid when i'm having them , but fade fast as soon as I wake.
One house was an old building that had rooms out the back that were destroyed.  Another family was moving in in another area  :smt017 .
Yesterdays dream, I moved back to our first house and it was really run down with old old furniture and holes in the walls.  This house had been done up before we moved  :smt017 .
There's been an old school converted into homes and one was my x MIL's home ???  The house was in a place she has never lived  :smt017
These dreams always leave me feeling down.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat May 12, 2007 1:49 am

And it is hardly surprising that these dreams leave you feeling down as houses in dreams are either believed to represent your physical body. or more likely the many aspects of your own personality (the different rooms are only symbolic of these) and more importantly how they interact in order to manifest your reality. In other words, a run down house in a dream could either mean that you need to pay more attention to your health and to stop doing those things which could be causing your body to overload, or perhaps to go much more deeper in learning just who you are, and the most likely reasons why you have entered this current lifetime.

A run down dream house does NOT mean that you are necessarily already seriously ill or that your present emotional and/or spiritual state is hopeless. It simply means instead that you need to pay more attention to these things than you might have in the past, and that possibly some of those rooms of your house that are still unopened and therefore unexplored (those hidden aspects of your personality that you have not been able to or willing to confront (perhaps because you thought that nobody would like you if they found out who you truly were) NOW need to be revealed for what they are, and thoroughly dealt with in a mature manner.  

In the process of discovering more about your own personality, rather than learning to dislike yourself even more than you may do now you may in fact find the long awaited solutions to many problems which have been deeply troubling you up until now.

PS: Schools generally symbolise learning, or the need to gain increased knowledge (in this case self knowledge).

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Mon May 14, 2007 1:27 am

thank you eye of the tiger :)

Erinrose

Post by Erinrose » Mon May 14, 2007 5:52 am

sharpenup,

I agree with eye_of_tiger. Buildings usually represent the 'Mansions of your subconscious mind and your soul. Since you dream of so many run down abodes I would like to suggest that you take stock of your life.

Check out all the negative aspects and do what you can to correct them. Change what you can and accept what you cannot change. Your outer world is a reflection of your inner world and vice versa. Take a look around you and see what you can do to improve your situation.

Remember to take care of yourself too. Some relaxation and meditation will help you to focus on what needs to be done.

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Tue May 15, 2007 12:39 am

thanks Erinrose, I do try meditation and listening to good music.  cheers :)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”