i had a dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marie clay

i had a dream

Post by marie clay » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:37 am

when i was little i had this nightmare that went on for years. can someone plz tell me what it meant. i can still recall it now, 12yrs on!

i was at school and i was dressed up in fancy dress. my mum was sitting on a toadstool dressed as a fairy. i waved to her and spoke to her. i was then walking down the street when all these boxes appeared above my head with a piece of toliet chain attached. i was pulling these boxes but nothing was coming out. all of a sudden i was transported to my mum in the school hall. she asked me 4 a cup of tea but i said i have 2 pull open the boxes what time is it she said 3:30pm and i best not do it. so i went ahead and opened the boxes anyway and these goblins fell out and chased me. i was then on my blue chair in the bedroom with my sister on her red chair  [she was near the door] but we were separated by a intesine and she was screaming for help. i couldnt move then i would be back asking my mum the time and pulling box chains and getting chased and bitten by goblins until i woke up screaming and crying.

i had the dream only once since {when i was 6 or 7 mths pregnant} but it still chills me 2 the bone thinking about it.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:01 am

Hello Marie, :smt017

Without interpreting every single element of your dream/nightmare, nightmares in general usually contain messages that our dreaming minds have been attempting to get across to us in some other way, but unfortunately have been so far unsuccessful. A series of nightmares are rarely premonitions of the future or mean that something is actually wrong with you or your pregnancy. They are much more likely to be symbols of your deepest and inner most doubts and fears (most of them which you are not consciously aware of). These unconscious fears come closer to the surface of our dreaming minds when we are sleeping, and can therefore hopefully be more easily dealt with once we can get some idea as to what they might be.

Intestines in a nightmare during pregnancy? Perhaps this could mean that you fear that you might experience an ectopic pregnancy (where the foetus can develop attached to or amongst your intestines instead of within the uterus) or it might simply mean that you fear having to endure heartburn or morning sickness. Then again, intestines could mean that you are having a gut feeling (intuition or instinct) that something might be wrong with your baby, when in reality there was never anything to be concerned about at all.

Your baby was completely normal and healthy?

Goblins in dreams are frequently more likely to be the symbols of your worries and concerns themselves, instead of representing any real problems you might have in your waking life.

"To dream of unfriendly goblins is a signal of distressing times. Being chased by goblins suggests you are being bothered by worrisome problems right now in your life".

http://www.myjellybean.com/astrology/dream/g_dreams.htm

Hoping this has been of some comfort to you,

eye_of_tiger Image

marie clay

yeah

Post by marie clay » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:39 am

yeah Holly was born normally. Shes healthy apart from a slight heart murmer. But this dream ive had since i was 5yrs old and yeah it returned while i was pregnant but i really wanna no why i had it every night from the age of 5 then all of a sudden when i was 13 it disappeared. xx

jvm125

I've had something similar

Post by jvm125 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 am

Marie Clay, it's funny you mentioned how that dream happened while you were young and then stopped.  I've had a similar type of dream.  It started when I was around 4 or 5 (considering I have a horrible memory, it's surprising that I actually do remember this- that's how vivid it was)  I don't know how it started, but the ending was always the same.  I was struggling along some cliffs or a mountain with someone and always ended with me being shoved off.  As I got older, some more slowly came into focus- the man who kept tossing me off had a slight scar on his cheek but other than that, didn't really have any distiguishing features.  The only good thing to come of it was that I grabbed his leg on the way down and took him with me.  I still have the dream off and on, but it's usually months or sometimes a few years apart.  Every once in  awhile it will sneak up on me....

marie clay

Yeah

Post by marie clay » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Same as me. It tends to come when something stressful has happened.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”