Many dreams of being shot...

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Aquarianess

Many dreams of being shot...

Post by Aquarianess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:35 am

I have had many dreams of being shot and in all of them I survived without injury. Is this a past life thing possibly? Any knowledge, ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:24 am

Dreams of being shot with a gun reflect feelings of being attacked, emotionally, in waking experience.

Violence in dreams is a consistent metaphor for emotional injury and pain.

To dream that you are shot, represents a form of self-punishment that you may be unconsciously imposing on yourself. You may have done something that you are ashamed of or are not proud of.

To dream that you are shot, and are feeling the sensations of dying, denotes that you are to meet unexpected abuse from the ill feelings of friends, but if you escape death by waking, you will be fully reconciled with them later on.

http://en.mimi.hu/dreams/shot.html

The simple fact that you survived all these shootings is believed to be a very positive omen that you will eventually successfully resolve your current emotional and relationship problems.

You are a real survivor in the psychological meaning of the word, as well as in a more physical sense of having survived several what should have otherwise been fatal gun shot wounds within your dreams.

EOT Image

daydreamer0386

Post by daydreamer0386 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:19 pm

I had that same dream of getting shot before and surviving.  For me though, it was deja vu, cause months later, there was a guy who was living in my town at the time that killed himself at this bar I was at one night.

I can definately say though that I've been through a lot in my life (i.e. abusive, controlling people), so I am a survivor of a lot of shit happening in my life.  Maybe this applies to you as well.  Hope it helps.

sarwiz

Post by sarwiz » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:42 am

I used to have a recurring dream , where I was hiding behind a car (an old '50s style with the big bulbous taillight lenses) and I watched a person aim and fire at me, and the last thing I see is the taillight exploding. I have come to believe this was how I may have ended a past life. Does anyone have any other ideas?

jamieshil

Post by jamieshil » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:49 am

i have also had many dreams of being shot at some i survive and other i seem to black out.
ive seen in a few articles that if you see or feel the bullet entering your body this is an indication that you need to seek medical attention for something quickly, i'm not sure how true this meaning is though.

jamie!

Return to “Dream Interpretation”