Prediction?

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

chaak08

Prediction?

Post by chaak08 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:16 pm

I it was a dream of course. It was pitch black, I see lighting all over, I can see a ship, a oil tanker being tossed around with the waves. Another Lighting Flash, I can see this big Tidel Wave, it destoryed the tanker, then hit the city/town/village. I go down it is light out, all I see is cars with seaweed in them, on top of each other. Then a news caster says 2009

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 am

This may in fact be a genuine premonition of a future event, but equally it could be interpreted as being purely symbolic, with the lightning, tidal wave, oil tanker and village standing in place of completely different things which your dreaming mind is attempting to communicate to you, by whatever means it possibly can.

As for it being a possible prediction of an actual future event in real life, you will probably only know for sure when it happens (although it may not happen exactly as you dreamed it might, and it may not be during 2009). What are the chances that some time in the near or distant future an oil tanker and village will NOT both be hit by a tsunami somewhere on this planet? :smt017

Just write it down, be sure to date it, and put it in a safe place where you can quickly find your prediction, if the situation ever arises.

Would you prefer to also learn what these dream symbols could possibly mean, INSTEAD of treating this dream as if it is ONLY a psychic premonition?

eye_of_tiger Image

chaak08

Post by chaak08 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:17 pm

yes i would

librusa

Premonition

Post by librusa » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:25 am

I agree with Tiger eye, it may be a premonition or it may be pointing out at how your life is out of control or may be heading in  that direction.  Are you a professional news watcher and world event worrier? are your life, work or hobbies related to oil in any way?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Generally accepted meanings of these dream symbols

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:06 am

Storm - To see a storm in your dream, signifies.......
dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/s4.htm
Tidal wave or Tsunami - To see a tsunami in your dream represents that ......
dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/t3.htm
Tanker - To see a tanker in your dream, represents the need to ..............
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/t.htm
Village - To dream that you are in a village, represents .............
dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/v.htm

Hoping this helps you to better understand the possible meanings contained behind each dream symbol, if indeed it was not an actual premonition.

Cheers,

eye_of_tiger Image

MichaelMN

Post by MichaelMN » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 pm

I think the tanker could have two possible meanings, depending on how you think of the ship.  It could be something that keeps you above the waves, keeps you free of the impending storm and tidal wave.
OR
The tanker could be linked to a secondary disaster such as an oil spill.  Whaterver the incoming tsunami brings (water usually means some emotional crisis), you may be realizing there could also be other longer lasting ramifications involved.
Maybe the car is an alternate means to get out of the way of whatever you are afraid may occur that you are not taking (tanker stay and ride it out, car run from it), but that is a big guess.

MarcoAZS

Post by MarcoAZS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:19 am

well, pointing out my opinion... this kinds of dreams are been regular to a lot of people, specially indigos, but even though, a lot of people have it, how can we know if it will ever happen? will the world end in 2012? all the ends are beginnings, if you saw it destroying, it can symbolize a reconstruction, principles changing, it all depends on you... the thing is, try to pay attention on how it put to your life, meanings input of things that happens in dreams by people might not be the meaning you need sometime, even tough it helps and make total sense, every human is different (even tough I belive we are all one).
If you pay a lot of attention, you will just need time, and you will not what to do and when you have to do it :). you seem smart I hope you know how to lead yourself on the right path, always remember to listen more than speak, and when I say listen, its to try to understand the persons point of view, and when a dream comes, its like you need to hear too :)
take care

Lights and Visions!
MarcoAZS

Return to “Dream Interpretation”