travel map on wall

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Beowulf

travel map on wall

Post by Beowulf » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:59 pm

I dreamt of a large map of corfu hanging on my wall with some places marked on it. Never been there and not made any travel arrangements.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Maps symbolise a need for direction or goals in life

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:51 am

In general it doesn't really matter to your dreaming mind if you have either ever visited Corfu in the past, or if you have made travel arrangements to visit there in the future.

Unless Corfu itself has some specific meaning to your own dreaming mind that most other people's would not understand, I feel that the simple fact that it is a map is what is being emphasised here, and not the exact location.

Didn't someone once say that life is often more about the process of getting there, rather than it's eventual destination? :smt018

This dream could be either symbolically reminding you of this great truth, or perhaps in assisting you to bring about whatever positive changes you can within yourself, in order to make your journey through life that much easier than it otherwise might have been if you instead lacked any plan as to which is the best direction for you to move next.

Maps symbolise a need for direction or goals in life. Difficulty reading a map indicates confusion. Losing a map indicates that you feel you have lost your way.

Cheers,

eye_of_tiger Image

librusa

Important Message

Post by librusa » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:27 pm

I have the feeling that your dream has all the characteristics of a message from your spirit guide.  If I were you I would start making arrangements to go there because it seems that you will receive important information or will live a life transforming experience there.

I have the feeling that you will get what you don't know that you are looking for in one or more of the following places:

Built during the 13th century on the hill of Palaiokastritsa (Old Castle), the monastery houses a small museum exposing Byzantine and post-Byzantine icons.

which have a unique red dome and clock, reminding of the bell-tower of the Orthodox Church of Agios Georgios (Saint Georges) in Venice.

Agios Spyridon, to whom the church is dedicated, is the patron of the island who, before becoming a bishop, started his life as a shepherd in Cyprus; he is related to many miracles such as the salvation of the island from the Turkish occupation, the famine and the epidemics.

(Paul), who were the first to brought and preached Christianity on the island.

Built during the 10th century, the church has a cross-in-square shape, with two columns and a dome.

Very few wall paintings and frescoes dating from the 11th and 13th century have survived the damages of time and humidity so the interior has been enriched and the damaged icons replaced by paintings from the Cretan painter Emmanuel Tzanes.

More information can be gained from the Greek Ministry of Culture’s Website: here

The early Christian Basilica of Paleopolis

Built during the 5th century by the bishop Jovian on the site of a Roman public building, in the actual area of Kanoni (one suburb of the island’s capital), the church was destroyed many times by different invaders such as Vandals, Goths, Saracens and Normans, as well as by bomb raids during World War II;
today, only ruins remain from the beautiful and imposing basilica.

This museum is the lovely main church of the monastery that was built during the 18th century

Beowulf

new awareness

Post by Beowulf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:55 am

Thanx for the replies

they are very helpful:-)

dayanera

Post by dayanera » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:58 pm

corfu, is not a common name to just pick out of the air to dream about..so you have either seen the name.....read about the places...or if not... I suggest you do ...if you have not read about it or been there... then it is a message to you to find out something about it that can help you..if you have read about it and etc. then it is just a dream confirming the places of interest for you...

Return to “Dream Interpretation”