Couldn't find this one

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dode

Couldn't find this one

Post by Dode » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi All, i need some help in figuring out what a carousel means in a dream.  when i first started having visions a month ago i saw carousel horses coming at me.  last night i had a dream of a (don't laugh) flea market being held on an empty carousel.  any ideas? thanks for even reading LOL

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Dreaming of a carousel

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:56 am

Mind you this could only be some of many different possibilities as to what a carousel means to your dreaming mind. These are only then some of the more generally accepted meanings for you dreaming of a carousel. It is entirely up to you to determine whether any of these might apply to you.
Carousel - Going around in circles means not achieving anything. May represent a vicious circle where you are (or feel) trapped in a situation that only can get worse. Also may represent memories of childhood freedoms that you long to return to.
experiencefestival.com/dream_dictionary_amusement_park

I would also like to add that some sites interpret a dream carousel as being a symbol of the dreamer's longing to return to the sexual innocence of their childhood. Evidently in the minds of people who mainly follow the teachings of Sigmund Freud, both horses themselves and flying are associated with lovemaking.

Hoping this helps,

eye_of_tiger Image

Dode

Post by Dode » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:42 am

t-you, i bookmarked the site lots of interesting interpertations.  I do have strange dreams or motion picture time dreams alot, this site should help make some sense of them.

wisdomseeker12

hmmmm...

Post by wisdomseeker12 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:42 am

a market that revolves?  Sounds like the economy...seasons change but you come back to where you were eventually.

Dode

Post by Dode » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Wow so I spent some time reading, and if anyone has seen my past posts, i am a novice.  i did not know why but i have started meditating on my own without even trying.  this is what brought me here to mystic board.  i found under the dream dictionary's definition of carousel "of your true self" so i went to the dream dictionary's "your true self" definition spiritual psychology, meditation.... all the things that are happening to me.  something, someone IS trying to tell me something.  this is exciting, i actually see how you go from one sign to another.  Thank you again, and again...

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 pm

Sit down and move into a quiet place and then ask yourself what a carousel means to you.  Then let the answer just come to you.  It may be a word, feelings, something visual, etc.  
Some of my friends keep dream diaries and have their own meanings for their symbols in their dreams.  

I have another friend who uses symbols a lot, he is very visual.  I learned quickly with him that his symbols meant different things to him than what they meant to me.  We were very careful with each other to not interpret what the symbol is for the other, but to help them find their own understand of the symbol.  We then share our meanings for the same meaning and learn a lot more about each other.  It's fun.

Dode

Post by Dode » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 pm

1st let me say i love your avatar (haven't figured out how to put mine on yet :)

i have started writing things down but not a diary of visions and dreams, i think i shall though because the memory doesnt serve me all the time LOL thanks for the advise

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:10 am

Dode wrote:1st let me say i love your avatar (haven't figured out how to put mine on yet :)

i have started writing things down but not a diary of visions and dreams, i think i shall though because the memory doesnt serve me all the time LOL thanks for the advise
OT: Pick the avatar you want, where it is on your computer, then go to "My CP" above.  You can add your avatar there.  It will tell you what size is the largest it can be.
Then upload your pick and it will be there for you.

Some people write in their dream diary first thing in the mornings, or when they wake up.  It really helps in remembering the dreams.  You may also want to tell yourself before sleep that you want to remember your dreams and that you are now doing so.  It works.
Happy Dreaming. Image

Dode

Post by Dode » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:18 am

HEHEHEH,  GONNA TRY, Wixh me luck

Catnip_Tee

Dream Interpretation

Post by Catnip_Tee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Dode...Ok...I'm rolling up my sleeves...I'm going to give this a shot.  

You have a very resourceful sub-conscious mind and creative might I add.  After the horses abandoned the carousel (they were actually freed from their confinement)  which could be symbolic of you being freed or released of something or releasing or letting go of something you have been hanging on to.   The carousel changed, your sub-conscious mind replaced it's purpose with a much more practical solution...a flea market.

So, I tend to think that you will be making practical business decisions either at work or in your personal life.

Sweet Dreams...Blessings *!*

Catnip_Tee

Dream Interpretation

Post by Catnip_Tee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Dode...Ok...I'm rolling up my sleeves...I'm going to give this a shot.  

You have a very resourceful sub-conscious mind and creative might I add.  After the horses abandoned the carousel (they were actually freed from their confinement)  which could be symbolic of you being freed or released of something or releasing or letting go of something you have been hanging on to.   The carousel changed, your sub-conscious mind replaced it's purpose with a much more practical solution...a flea market.

So, I tend to think that you will be making practical business decisions either at work or in your personal life.

Sweet Dreams...Blessings *!*

Dode

Post by Dode » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:03 am

Well C.T. you might be right on the money.  in the last week we had someone in administration resign abruptly and alot of people that would of gone to him are now coming to me to make decisions (or looking for me to steer them in the right direction).  

kind of weird that work has a hold of me like that.  i once dreamed my boss and the executive secretary (i was the assistant secretary than) moved my desk to an abondened office and they laughed when i came in the room that day i told them about my dream and how they dissed me and they laughed.  by the end of the day my boss took another job and my best buddy the exec secretary put in to retire, i just looked at them and said "ya laugh at me will ya"  LOL

all this from a job.  thanks its fun when dreams come together with reality.

Catnip_Tee

Post by Catnip_Tee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:46 am

Thanks Dode....Our jobs so many times play quite heavy on us, more than we realize.  You will be very practical in you decisions with others and will be rewarded for it.  

Again...thanks for the feedback.  Take Care...

Return to “Dream Interpretation”