Airplanes

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Dudester

Airplanes

Post by Dudester » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Pre 9/11, I had dreams where I saw jets crashing. I didn't know what it meant until after.

Several days ago, for the first time in years, I started dreaming in color. The airplanes are back again. Let me expand.

In the dream, my boss calls me into the office and tells me about the possibility of micro nuclear bombs being hidden in religious statues and being smugled into Vatican City. I then go and get Scully and Mulder (don't judge, it really happened) of X-Files fame. The three of us go to a tall building. We are on the 82nd floor of the building. Scully and Mulder are talking to a woman who runs a precision clock shop. I'm looking out the window and see two large military propeller planes. They are doing aerobatics, flying recklessly between the high rises. After several passes, one of the planes is flying close to my building. I see vines hanging off of the wing. A man is at the back of the plane with a machine gun. He turns and points at me, and I wake up.

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Yes, these dreams about planes, as I said in another thread are really confusing to me.  From what I've read, crashing planes usually deal with your career.

Post 9/11, I wonder if there is a new aspect of this common dream?  

All I can say is that these dreams I have, too, very similar.  I wonder if anyone could shed some light on them.

ElizVanZee

Post by ElizVanZee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:42 pm

The scene suggests a situation and mental attitude that is serious or business-like (the office) – one you seem called to use by your own Ego (the boss) With this attitude you inform yourself of something shocking and devastating (bombs) having been introduced into religious Law (religious statues) and illegally brought into the grounds of reasoning you could associate with being the Pope’s. (smuggled into Vatican City)

Scully and Mulder, being the roles played by a male and female actor, would suggest a belief you can only imagine yourself having. This may be a belief in your ability to solve mysteries of a paranormal/spiritual nature. When understood to represent aspects of yourself, they may also emphasize the issue of being both a believer and a skeptic.

The tall building represents a mental attitude or philosophy that has been built up to appear as very important. Being very high up in the building can suggest using a very high level of intelligence and also very idealistic thinking. Here you might see yourself thinking this way when using your belief in your ability to solve mysteries of a paranormal/spiritual nature. (the three of us go to a tall building) The 82nd floor can be understood as referring to 8 + 2 = 10, the number of completion. Thus being on the 82nd floor can be saying that you are in a position to use great intelligence when your thinking has reached the idea of something being over and done with. At this level there appears to be an emotional aspect of yourself that can sell you on the idea of precision in timing (woman who runs a precision clock shop )– [as in knowing when to start and when to stop something?]

Using a high level of intelligence you are also in a position to, or need to, look out. (looking out the window) The planes can represent a plan being used or refer to spiritual thinking which here is shown to be negative and wrong (2 planes). As military panes, they can imply plans or spiritual thinking that is very aggressive. The propeller planes can imply using a plan or spiritual thinking that may not be the most effective (as would be a jet). The aerobatics suggest the plan or thinking being used is more for show than for taking care of serious business and seems actually to endanger an intelligent way of thinking. (flying recklessly between the high rises) The vine, a plant, can represent logic pertaining to the divine. As the vines are hanging on a wing of the plane, it can suggest that where your reasoning pertains to the divine, you may be “winging it” – improvising. Thinking pertaining to the divine might also be seen as going on “a wing and a prayer”.

The man in the plane would represent an idea you have pertaining to some plan or spiritual thinking. As he is at the back of the plane, the idea he represents may not really be an “upfront” idea – not completely honest or legitimate. Using this aspect of your mind your intention seems to be that of taking shots at yourself, i.e. criticizing yourself in a devastating manner. (he points the machine gun at me)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”