very colorful kites.

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

starringbecca

very colorful kites.

Post by starringbecca » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 am

I had a dream I was chasing all these kites at the beach, they were hundreds and all different and I was trying to grab a pink one with fuchsia polka dots by the tail because it was mine. I wanted to pull it down so I could have it. I was all frustrated and crying because I just couldn't catch it and I could just barley touch the tail of it with my hand.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:39 am

Becca

The colourful kites are likely symbollic of lofty goals or ambitions.  There are a lot of oppurtunities presented to you and you are striving leaping and jumping to get what is rightfully 'yours' but you just can't seem to make it.  There is a lot of frustration and pain around this as it is staying just out of reach.

The thing is, you are trying to catch this kite, but someone else is pulling the strings.  To me it is saying you are going about things the wrong way to achieve your goals / ambitions, you have a need to take more control and leave less to fate?  Then reeling the kite into your hands will be a less emotionally painful process.

Hope that helps,
Rook

sabbath siren

Post by sabbath siren » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:02 pm

i agree, pretty much, with Rook.
when i think of kites sailing the sky i think of play and fun and children running with string in their hands, laughing up at them, watching them go.  
in your dream, you have pin-pointed the kite that is yours.  you want to snatch it back.  you are stumbling along, trying and not quite managing to hold it for yourself.  "that's MY kite.  Give it BACK, it's MINE!"
you are stubbornly refusing to relinquish your kite to the wind and allow it to soar with the others.  once it is out of your grasp, no telling where it might go or, what heights it might reach.  
and so, it seems the question to ask yourself is, what does this brightly-colored, distinctive, know-it-anywhere kite represent in your life?  it's starting to take off, just about to fly.  And, why are you so inclined to continually try to prevent it from doing so?

only advice anyone ever gave me about kite-flying is to watch out for overhead power-lines and, since you are on the beach (on a lovely, sunny day, might i add), it looks like a wonderfully safe place to relax and let go and see what happens with your kite.  i would go as far as saying that, perhaps, the coast is clear!   :)

starringbecca

Post by starringbecca » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Thank you. Very interesting and detailed explinations from both of you. I agree with both, major changes going on in my life, I suppose giving up control or taking control is a challenge right now and that is what this dream means.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”