Lion and Tiger

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rook

Lion and Tiger

Post by Rook » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:34 am

I feel guilty for dominating this room but have had better than usual dream recall lately, and I get the feeling this dream is a piece of a greater epic.

The events prior to this section of the dream are on the edge of my memory, and I remember a significant lead up to this part, but this scene is the only part with clarity.

I am in a city.  I have just left the companionship of friends / family (not permanently – exploring / journeying alone).  I enter an old building.  It is old and empty, perhaps a little dilapidated but of value, sort of an antiquated historic building.  I am in a central room that is square and has stairs going upwards.  I am accompanied by friend Lion.  In the past the Lion was a source of fear for me but in this dream it is my companion.  It is also half cartoon half real.  Its face is sort of a hybrid between a human and a lion, in a cartoon-like fashion, yet very real in terms of texture, look and feel.

We start ascending the staircases to get to the roof where we plan to find an aircraft that at this stage does not have a pilot.  We get to the fourth floor when I become aware of a tiger that is also with us.  This tiger is pretending to be my friend as well and join us on our journey, but I know the tiger desires to consume me.  I realise that I must lose the tiger, but I also know that friend Lion will not understand.  I must trick the lion into going on up the stairs without me, while I lure Tiger back down, to trap it, after which I can join friend Lion on the roof.

I see friend Lion turn a corner ahead of me, thinking I am behind him, and see Tiger coming from behind.  I leap over the balustrade to the level below and start heading down the stairs, knowing the Tiger is following.

happyme

Post by happyme » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:55 am

Hey Rook!

I don't know how into spirit guides you are, however, I think you just met your animal spirit guide. Your animal spirit guide was reaching out to you and letting you know it wants to help and guide you with your spiritual progression. However, you will have to overcome that natural tendency to work alone, trying to defeat your obstacles alone, and without your guide will only lead to a regression in your path. Trust in the power of your abilities merged with that of your guide to defeat the tiger.

City represents your social environment, however you retreat into the building, which represents your inner self. The higher you ascend within the building represents increased knowledge and awareness about yourself. Going up the stairs means you are reaching a greater understanding and making further spiritual progress as you ascend. The dream shows you going up the stairs with the Lion persona, he is leading the way, and when you think he is not looking, and has assumed youre right behind him, you head down the stairs to lure the tiger. What you don't realize is that instead of tricking the lion and the tiger you will end up tricking yourself into regressing.

The description of the building kind of reminds me of you - sort of jaded and highly intellectual with an old soul age. That is a good thing by the way lol. It also reflects your loner personality. Seek out the medicine of the Lion as an aid towards your spiritual progress. Usually your main animal spirit guide reflects your strenths but at the same time provide insight on how to balance said traits and overcome your weaknesses.

So in summary, the dream is telling you to stick with the plan and have faith and trust in the merged efforts of your guide and yourself.

This link provides some insightful information on those who have Lion medicine. http://www.sayahda.com/cyc.html. There is a lot more info out there on animal spirit guides too, I encourage you to check it all out.

Love and light!

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Animal spirit for the lion popped into my mind as well... In animal spirit lore the animal spirits represent lessons we need to internalize, some of their symbolic aspects we need to integrate or realize. You mention how you used to fear Lion but now trust him. That you used to fear him seems ironic when you think of how a lion is symbolic of courageousness (Lionheart) and the power to battle (how many mideval flags don't have a lion in their emblem?) and be victoruous. A lion is also gregarious, living the life with gusto. A lion leads his pride, but also likes to be waited on the table by his ladies. That you used to fear him indicates to me that you used to fear to take the lead, take on battles head on, and perhaps too timit to be as gregarious as a lion. But you also indicate you've learned to take on more of his lifestyle.

Now to me the tiger represents a similar problem as your initial concerns about the lion. A tiger is a lonely prowler, cunning, dangerous and aggressive, as well as very passionate. Both aggression and passion can "consume" a person so they forget themselves. And I think it is this all-consuming powerful emotion that you fear. You don't trust your anger or passion. THe way you try to take care of it, is by trying to chase it away. However, when you chase the tiger away, as a skulker you only put yourself in a position where in time it can jump on you unawares. Your fear will only make it stronger and more invisible to you. Perhaps the lion is there to remind you of the process it took for you to learn to cooperate with him, to trust him and see his value, and that you ought to try something similar with the tiger emotions. Anger can be a lifesaving reflex in certain circumstances, and living without passion seems somewhat flatlining. I think you already know this, because you indcate the lion wouldn't understand why you would want to chase the tiger away. By isolating yourself from the lion, you deprive yourself of his courage and leading ways, and jump literally to a lower spiritual level where the tiger will end up being above you, able to jump on you at his pleasing.

happyme

Post by happyme » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Wow! Right on with the tiger analysis Sweetsunray. I definitely feel that.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 am

The Lion animal spirit guide.  The more I think about it, the more it seems to fit.  So many of my lessons revolve around taking a leading role.  About not being afraid and standing up for myself.  It has manifested itself in more ways than I can think of, on the borders of my person, but my core is as you say SweetSunRay, still learning to take on more of this lifestyle.

I see glimpses of myself being a courageous leader, acting without fear, but I have not taken the steps to take on that role fully.  Yet the role of the lion has certainly shone through in the past.

Mostly back in my hockey days.  I was the captain of my second tier team, and lead by example.  I was powerful, strong, after games people who had watched would come up to me and say I litterally carried that team on my back.  I also broke into the top division that year.  In the final when our team was down one of the veterans said we (as a team) had to be more like me.  I was courageous to the point of stupidity, going into any corner against any opposition, in any circumstance.  And I never ever gave up.  It was a very warming moment.

Then there is my mane.  My hair, a standout piece of my physical manifestation.  I always think about getting my hair cut short (to be more professional - only I end up looking like a schoolboy), but it always returns to a flowing mane.  It was even dubbed 'the flow' amongst the hockey guys.  I have wanted to change it, but looking at it this way I am kind of proud of it now.

I have always had a bit of a pride too.  I have just seemed to always have a circle of girls on a friendship basis.  That's sort of passed to history now though as I have settled down with the family.  Oh, and I have since found out that a large proportion of the girls who I used to hang around with wanted more than friendship.  I was naive to this at the time, and revelled in the friendship.  I am glad that I was naive, because I may not be so proud of the man I was and am now.

On top of all of that, I intuitively fell head and heels in love with a Leo.

Okay, so the meaning of the dream seems quite established, and sits well with me.  My question is; what the...?  I have never really considered spirit guides before, but it sounds a lot like the intuition that has guided me in making the big decisions of my life, such as changing course at university, and deciding to start a family.

In terms of anger I may already be going down that path.  I have always shunned anger, but after recent developments in my banking world, I am angry.  And rightly so I would think.  Passion has been lacking in my life lately though.  I don't have much that I am passionate about at work at the moment.  It is a quiet period, but I still have a bunch of unpassionate stuff to do.  At home domestic duties keep me from pursuing any of my passions.  Now is not the day of the Tiger.

happyme

Post by happyme » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Wow you are even closer to the lion than I even expected. :)

Ria_1

Hiya

Post by Ria_1 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:41 pm

well i had a dream and in that it shows that this tiger in my dream is my friend like a very good friend like my pet i have no idea what that means.
thanks Regards

Return to “Dream Interpretation”