Two dreams

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rook

Two dreams

Post by Rook » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am

Two dreams from consecutive nights.

The first was a simple image of a glass jar filled with water.  There is also the image of another persons hand.  They dip their finger into the jar and when they take it out they make the water follow their finger, almost like honey would, only it was water.  After the finger is raised about an inch out of the water the connection is lost and the water falls back into the jar.  A voice accompanies the action saying "Try this".

The second is of a 'Gods eye view' of a world, only it is my nation.  I have ships and am exploring out beyond my island.  It is much the same as Australia with the ships exploring up towards Cambodia / Vietnam, only everywhere I haven't visited is shrouded in black.  As the ships move I can then see the areas they 'unshroud'.  They are travelling down a river, and up tibrutaries revealing areas of thick jungle.  The scene shifts to a road, where my boss says "I remember growing up here."  He goes into a story I vaguely remember, something very in his nature, bowel movements and wheelies on his bicycle.

ElizVanZee

Post by ElizVanZee » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Water itself can represent emotion and more importantly, spiritual thinking which can also include imagination. The jar of water could thus suggest a situation pertaining to any of the above. In your mind it is being seen as if you could have as much as you want of this kind of situation (filled with water) but it is one that we are usually expected to ‘keep a lid on it’, that is, keep it contained or under control.

You can see the idea of someone’s having a hand in a situation (the image of another persons hand) This could seem confirmed by their ‘having a finger in’ the jar, suggesting their involvement.

The water following their finger out of the jar could suggest the idea of drawing upon emotion, spiritual thinking or imagination but in a way that makes the emotion, spiritual thinking or imagination seem like a very sweet or desirable idea. (almost like honey would) By doing this the person appears to have raised the level of intelligence pertaining to emotion, spiritual thinking or imagination in a way that could seem positive (raised about an inch out of the water). But when doing this they soon lose their emotional or spiritual connection and a failing in the emotion or spiritual thinking is seen.( the water falls back into the jar) In your own mind you might be hearing the idea of ‘try this’ as being God’s command or recommendation. (a voice saying “Try this”)  

2nd Dream: You could think that you are using God’s perspective, and especially His beliefs (God’s eye view)to see a world, one that you could see as being your nation. This could be a way of referring to your own inner world or mind system. You appear to be exploring beyond the grounds of reasoning that may seem personally yours, grounds that could be very emotionally or spiritually influenced. (exploring out beyond my island) The ships can represent the emotional or spiritual vehicle being used to do this. The ships represent a situation or way of thinking that is supported by spiritual thinking or perhaps imagination.

Comparing the situation with ships leaving Australia moving up towards Cambodia, might suggest that you could regard this exploration as taking you in a gaining direction. The land masses being visited can represent thus far unexplored subject areas. Seeing things this way, the scene could be implying that all subjects not yet explored or ‘discovered’ can give the impression of being negative – undesirable – or completely unenlightened. By referring to these areas as being ‘shrouded’, it is very possible that the intent is to suggest that certain subject areas you see available for exploration could actually be seen as reflecting death, (as a shroud is used to cover a body for burial) meaning simply that there is no life giving quality in the ideas found here. But as you come to see these subject areas, this impression ceases to exist.

You could be seeing yourself getting somewhere following a losing spiritual course of action (traveling down a river) but would be on a gaining course when the spiritual thinking is part of a much greater system of spiritual thinking. (up tributaries) Where spiritual thinking takes you in a gaining direction, grounds of reasoning supporting untamed emotions - emotions not under the control of reason – are revealed. (up tributaries revealing areas of thick jungle)

The road can refer to a course of action designed for rational thinking (cars) – one on which your boss, or ego, could bring to mind the nature of the grounds of reasoning upon which you grew up. There may be a story to be told but the story could relate to your own mental nature. It may focus upon concerns (bowel movements) and perhaps daring feats when moderation is called for.(wheelies on his bicycle)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”