another lucid dream

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Songstress

another lucid dream

Post by Songstress » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm

I've had an interesting dream.  I wanted to see if anyone could give some insight on it.  It's been awhile since I've had a dream that sticks out in my mind.

I was on my college campus, but there was one person there that I didn't meet until after college.  W*** and I were walking around campus, arms around each other a lot of the time, if we sat down we were kind of cuddle up next to each other.  He said he wanted me to show him something I enjoyed.  So I ran to my dorm room to grab my coat.  My roomies were in bed sleeping, and annoyed that I was going out instead of going to bed.

W**** and I went to this large yellow house at first.  We couldn't go in but I pointed out that back home the house had a twin, and that it was built by the same family.  We then walked to a nearby shopping center.  It was extremely fancy.  We walked through the whole place in each other's arms.

When I got back to the dorms one of the girls walked by and said "look what just eskimoe pie'd their way in".

The dream was very lucid.  I could feel the warmth of his body and the strength of his arms around me.  In the shopping center the molding really stuck out to me because it was so intricate and elegant.  I remember seeing someone in the center that was selling bags of yarn, each bag came with two colors.  I noticed a lot of jewelry and fragrance counters.  Also it was raining on campus, but not in the shopping center.

Rook

Post by Rook » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:11 am

Wow Songstress, nothing is leaping out at me at this point.

Have you moved away from W*** and the Buckle to go to college?  Just as a general theme I thought perhaps that the dream is acknowledging the emotional relationship with W*** in the context of a longer distance relationship.  The part with you walking around college with W*** could be a longing for closeness.

The shopping centre could be referencing the past you enjoyed (taken from showing him something you enjoyed) with him at the Buckle.

Alternatively the college could be related to higher learning, the shopping centre the material world, materiality.

The yellow house you visit, that has a twin...  Yellow is a symbol of the sun, consciousness, also related to the third Chakra, willpower, guts, determination (my understanding, not based off anything in particular).  Now, kabbalistically the third chakra, also by my understanding, is related to Hod-Netzach, twin sephirah, representing the intellect and intuition.

I am assuming that this house is related to the intellect.  Reasons: my own gut instinct, yellow is symbollic of sun / consciousness / intellect, whilst the moon is the intuitive feminine aspect associated with Netzach (what I think is the twin), presence of W*** could also indicate masculine leanings, the inner masculine = rationality / intellect.

Something else in the dream is a strong symbolism of two in polarity.  You and W, the two balls of yarn, the shopping centre and the college, the twin houses.  This could be referencing two different things?  Could it be two different options?  Like college vs the shopping mall.  Learning more to get a potentially higher paying job vs working now?

Perhaps look at W*** as emotional guidance.  He is asking what you enjoy.  What I ascertain from this is that you enjoy the latter option, working now.  That is where you go when you enjoy yourself, the weather at the college is raining while it is not at the shopping centre.  So you are enjoying life outside of college better.

But also consider this, rain is essential for growth.  To me it also indicates you will personally grow more at college than you will outside of college.  The house, will power, determination, I think this is what you need to get through college?  This in conjunction with the closing comments of the dream.  "Look what just eskimoe pie'd their way in.  Eskimoes, people who endure in harsh (frozen - frozen emotionally) conditions.  Pie, reward?  Getting a 'bigger slice of the pie'?

I don't know if any of that makes any sense.

It also displays a longing for closeness to W***...

Hope that helps a little.

Sweet W*** dreams,
Rook

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm still in the same place.  I already did the college thing out of high school.  He has already done so as well.  I did notice the pairs of things as well.  The whole dream was very pleasant.

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:50 am

Songstress, not sure whether you apply the word "lucid" correctly. A "lucid" dream means that you are aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming. It seems you think it means it means clear images, or very real seeming dreams.

Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 am

Vivid and lucid are such similar words...

As for the college years being over, the college I would take as being symbollic.  I also just noticed your psychic reading by EoT.  It almost seems to be this reading being processed...

The learning / growth experience being the path with rain, and the material path being much more sunshiney?

Just a thought.

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 am

I hadn't even thought to analyze the dream next to my reading.  I haven't figured out what these paths are exactly....although I think I may know.  Which right now all I can think of is, do i let things slowly develop or do i just approach it head on and see if my gut feeling is right.  I still have thinking to do I just don't want to over analyze it.

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:00 am

I think I know the feeling.  When I first met my future wife and her daughter I was awestruck.  It was instant love really.  It took me days to leave them again, and I left because I needed to get my head around what was happening.  I needed a break to think straight.  My intuition was saying yes yes but my head wasn't sure.  Its a big change and commitment going from single no responsibilities student to responsible Daddy overnight...  I needed that time to make the conscious decision to do it.  But it only took me about an hour before I went back haahaha

I think it is important for the heart and the head to be working together.  If either one is unsure about something, its right to be cautious.  Whats important is to make the decision and follow it up.

Good luck.
Rook

Return to “Dream Interpretation”