Dream Interpretation, please

Learn to analyse and understand the meaning of your dreams.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

muffinDuh

Dream Interpretation, please

Post by muffinDuh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:43 am

A few months ago, I had a dream about my grandmother.
There was a shadow lurking around her, but whenever I came across it, it would leave.
Sometimes, the shadow would even peek around the corner to see if I left.
And when I didn't, it disappeared.

What does this mean?

sweetsunray

Post by sweetsunray » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 am

we often see grandmothers as those who love is without the rules of parents, without the judgement we fear from our parents. Meanwhile shadows often represent those aspects and side of ourselves that we judge harshly and reject.

It seems that the shadow is trying to hide from you, fearful of you, and yet seeks the company of your grandmother. That would mean that your rejected aspects of yourself are seeking the unconditional love they feel they lack from your conscious self from your grandmother instead. When we grow up we think that some characteristics, feelings or thoughts are not "good" and hope to change ourselves by rejecting it. However, many characteristics are not inherently bad or good. It just depends on the situation: stubborness for example might be seen as a bad trait, and yet it is often through wilfullness that we are able to conquer problems and accomplish something. So, it's not the trait that is bad. You only need to learn when it is appropriate to use it and when not.

Eventually, you cannot truly love other people if you do not fully love yourself, including those characteristics that may make you cringe. So, this dream is telling you that your neglected shadow needs to be unconditionally loved as much as your conscious and already accepted self.
Life is like a rose. The most beautiful ones have large thorns. You only need the courage to grab for them.

muffinDuh

Post by muffinDuh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks.

My grandmother died last week.
Prior to her death, I thought the dream had something to do with death, which I am aware that it is.
Maybe I was trying to ward death away in the dream.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”